DREADS!!!!!!!

Queen Hunter

hi guys! i found a way to make some descent dreads for a descent price!
what you'll need:
rope (any size)
crayola model magic (clay that when it dries is still soft and flexible)
creativity
paint

1. take your rope and cut it to the length that you'll need
2. get you model magic and cover the rope with the model magic
3. wait like 24 hours till it dries
4. after it dries, paint it and install them into your mask

i'll post up some pics if people need them

Those sound heavy.
yup!! your right casey. i used to take a nice, solid nylon, diamond braided rope , 3/4" was the thickest i could find, and dip them in latex. after heating the ends and pointing them by hand(expect some burned fingers) i would dip them and then paint with black latex paint. they looked pretty cool. the diamond braid comes through and looks like dragon skin. but like casey said .....heavy.

yup!! your right casey. i used to take a nice, solid nylon, diamond braided rope , 3/4" was the thickest i could find, and dip them in latex. after heating the ends and pointing them by hand(expect some burned fingers) i would dip them and then paint with black latex paint. they looked pretty cool. the diamond braid comes through and looks like dragon skin. but like casey said .....heavy.

So you've done this eh? About how heavy are the dreads after your done?

So you've done this eh? About how heavy are the dreads after your done?
yes sir. and if i remember correctly(about 2 yrs ago now) they weighed in at about 10 lbs. for 40 of them at 28" long and all fat dreads. which, at best, isnt unbearable for a short amount of time.

sorry for the really... really. but i mean REALLY late response on with the pics, cuz every time i looked at theis topic it had no responses, so here are some pics, sorry for using the word descent... thet look good for a tight budget, but don't have any sway... they are pretty light cuz when the model magic dries out it turns into like a light sturdy foam stuff lol sorry for the zombie like glare in the pic

Snapshot_20090917.jpg

I think most if not all budget dreads have no flow to them. But, that dread looks alot closer to a predator dread than most budget dreads. Nice one.

sorry for the really... really. but i mean REALLY late response on with the pics, cuz every time i looked at theis topic it had no responses, so here are some pics, sorry for using the word descent... thet look good for a tight budget, but don't have any sway... they are pretty light cuz when the model magic dries out it turns into like a light sturdy foam stuff lol sorry for the zombie like glare in the pic
try dipping them in liquid latex and use a good quality solid diamond braided rope. they will have a pretty descent flow. as i said before the dragon skin texture that come through is pretty cool too.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back