Dread Beads

I had a request for these. Since I never really got around to them originally I figured it was the perfect time to give it a go. These two are meant for far lower on the dread than most beads. I may still do one specifically for the tip itself. These still need a little cleanup etc.

This ones pretty simple and likely better looking with paint. Sort of a moon rock with tiny craters.

View attachment 37777

This armored bead will likely fit close to towards the end of a dread. Maybe even hanging right over the tip a bit.

View attachment 37778

And here's a shot for scale.

View attachment 37779

I'm not officially back into beads yet but I'm currently remolding everything. I may put them back on the market once a couple other projects are off my bench.

Last edited:
Nice update! I like the layers on the armoured bead. Have you been thinking of doing some beads that will cover the dread tip completely? Think P2 elder, but bigger/longer and more "stuff" to them (his are plain and on the very tip). 

Thanks guys.

CoolleKotten said:
Have you been thinking of doing some beads that will cover the dread tip completely?
I plan to sculpt one shortly.  The issue is that they become bulky if built around the dread tip.  Not to mention there are a variety of dreads out there. So the only idea I have at the moment is similar to what they did for avp but in reverse.  I'd end up casting a rod in the bead tip.  Then the dread would have to be carefully trimmed to match.  Just glue, insert, and you're done. 

I originally planned on a plain dread tip. After sculpting one I didn't like the look and took a small loop tool to it for the detailing. This is a pull from a junk mold I made. Now in resin I'll take out any lopsidedness and smooth down the surface. I've got some work to do. lol

View attachment 37776

Last edited:
It's look fantastic dread tip. An the bottom tip maybe need a smooth round tip surface but every thing else it's good. I love your smart details. Can't wait for more of your awesome dreads tips ideas. Keep them coming.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back