DRAWING CONTEST NUMBER ONE

J

JAILER1955

Let's give it try and show how sharp our pencils are. This first one will not be an entire month. Let see if we can jump start this sucker. This time I'm selecting four (4) subject matters. If there are other contests, the subjects will be requested or voted for by everyone.

Each and any person can enter up to four(4) drawings for each cat-EYE-gory if they wish. That means you can do anywhere from 1 to 16 drawings if you want.

Although I make constant reference to "drawings" and "pencils", you can use what ever two demensional medium you wish. Pencils, pastels, acrylics, oil, charcoal or red blood cells. This does not include sculptures as they are more time consuming to try and finish on a time schedule.

The end time for submissions will be September 20, 2006, at 2359 hours. You can add 59 seconds if you need it.

CAT-EYE-GORY ONE
Any existing predator, any predator you want to design posed for action or a scene.

CAT-EYE-GORY TWO
Bio helmets, existing or new designs, either being worn or by themselves.

CAT-EYE-GORY THREE
protraits, profiles and 3/4 views of existing or created predator faces.

CAT-EYE-GORY FOUR
Predator/Alien hybrid: now that's open for a whole bunch of ideas. It can be a head, head and shoulders or whole body.

Preds and Predettes,

START YOUR PENCILS......
*BANG*, THE STARTING GUN GOES OFF AND THE CROWD RISES TO ITS FEET AND CHEERS ....

Here's an entry for category#3 showing the transformation from sketch to completed drawing:

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

Thanks Predatrhuntr,

It looks great. I really like your spots amd those deep set eyes. I didn't want to put inything first. You at least started it off on the right foot.

Come on people, join the party. Just wait to see dome of the shoddy stuff I have.

George

I may be a few hours early, but, I guess this went over like breath mints for hemroids. I guess the idea was not worth playing with. I would like to thank Predatrhuntr for his contributions to the contest and also josephchoi for his enter that was in the first threat about the contect. I was holding off entering anything until the end so it would not appear that the person trying to run the contest was filling all the entries up with his own work.

Maybe another day, perhaps.

thanks Predatrhuntr and Josephchoi. I love your work and hope to see more of it. Keep them coming.

I gotta go to bed now. It 2011 hours here and I've been going since 0300. Eye b tired......

Damn, my self-destruct gauntlet didn't work. I want my money back

George

George, don't worry about the contest, just post your pictures. I know you have some, so post away!

I'm at work now, I will post some later after work. One big problem, I'm sure, is that I do not know how to advertize the contest to attrach people. It is a little disapointing, however.

I'll join next time, but I think the contest is too open. Anything Predator would do. By defining the restrictions, we can get more creative with less space to just doodle.

As in: next contest, I want to see a predator with Civil War influences. Next contest, I want to have a armor-design based upon the ancient arts of the Celts, just to name a few.

Here is a basic drawing of a pred I did dont really have the time to finish it.
dontdelete.jpg

-Chris

Thats awesome Chris...

What technique did you use to shade the face like that?

the good ole shading stick (my finger) . all i did was shade in a area light and rubbed it in with my finger then just repeated the process until i got to the darkness i like.

-Chris

Chris,
You really captured the form there. Do oyu have any idea how much paper I throw out before I get something that good. Don't throw it out and finish it when the feeling returns. AND when that feeling happens you will it is time to finish it, either that or you just found out girls are cute.

For the time being, suggest ideas that we should follow, even suggestions to running an cyberspace art contest.

Damn good everybody,

George

Goddamn, those are amazing.

I used to think my drawing was decent, until I stumbled upon this thread..

*sigh*

}:)>

Last edited by a moderator:
great thread guys, makes me want to dust off my pencils and crank out some work.

OK I recently finished this drawing and would like it to replace my ealier drawing. Hope you like it, enjoy.
dontdelete.jpg

-Chris

I bloody love it! The black hairs coming out of the chin, wicked job on the wrinkling...perfect...just perfect.

You would do an amazing job if you tried sculpting...

As you may have noticed, I rarely draw quills. I always use too many. You, however, Know when to stop. the whole thing is, well, predatory.

Keep it up.

I would like to try another contest some time. Any ideas/suggestions on how to get everyone to hear about it, I mean other than physical threats

George

I think a good way to get people to come here is to make a thread in the trophy room because not that many people come the hunter's gallery. So whenever you want to do another contest jailer just make a thread in the trophy room im sure it will get more people that way.
Oh and thank you on the comments on the new drawing.

-Chris

That mother fuckin PredtaRob is too ******** modest! Sorry guys/gals, but he is the mother fuckin god around here with the ol number twos.

Tyler

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back