Drama-free Proton Pack build...

Forgive my ignorance please-- but I was wondering if there was such thing as a rubber shell available, that could then be fitted with electronics and filled with foam for rigidity? Has anybody tried this or is it even feasible?

Yep . . .
9638-gb1stunt.jpg

This pup is alllllll rubber with a rigid foam skeleton. Weighs about 5 pounds.

The RPF is perfect for a Drama free build. non of that crap they pull on GBfans will ever fly here. Plus you will have all the support you need to build your pack On the RPF. Gbfans is really only good for reference and they occasional odd part from a seller that's about it.

HOTSHOT!!!!!!!! I WANT ON OF THOSE DAMN STUNT PACKS!!!!!!!!!! :p

Remember to read Feedback. Especially in regard to the time it takes to ship.

yup, one step ahead of you. I am aware of his shipping being ketchup speed, but you gotta figure hes crafting metal parts and so far, hes seemed to always deliver what was paid for.
I am waiting on a reply from him so hopefully I can get the ball rolling.

A question:
What kind of screws/bolts (whatever you call them, I gotta learn) that hold the forward pipe of the wand to the gun body - I see a pair of these used but I think this is used to hold other parts of the pack together. Please help me identify:
partidentify1.jpg

Allen cap head screws :)

Glad to see another Ghosthead on here :)

A question:
What kind of screws/bolts (whatever you call them, I gotta learn) that hold the forward pipe of the wand to the gun body - I see a pair of these used but I think this is used to hold other parts of the pack together. Please help me identify:
partidentify1.jpg

Those screws are 6/32 and the washers are #5 or #6 i can't remember. 3 washers stacked to be exact.

Thanks for that info. How many go around the butt of the gun handle total, I'm trying to find pics that show and so far I only see three in the front and it looks like there are two on the slo-blo box?

I was referred to this website for metal part needs. Looks great, now to check up on the sellers reputation. Any thoughts?
Proton Gun
If this seller turns out to be A-OK, I will be investing in a number of parts and sell off the extra resin parts from Nick's kit.
It pays to not rush into buying things and this is a perfect example - the GOOD thing is, Nick's parts are highly regarded and I'm sure I can part them out if I decide to go with metal replacements - though I DO plan on keeping the gun body and the greeblies on the sides.

Good luck with this build, Frosty. I briefly visited the GBFans site when I was researching the uniform. Didn't really go into the forums there and now I'm glad I stayed away.

I didn't make a pack due to lack of time and funding. I remember someone saying a GB costume isn't complete without a pack and from first hand experience I agree. I felt naked without it when I was walking around on Halloween.

I hope your build goes well and I'm looking forward to seeing updates.

Gf, as far as anhcon goes, he is slow...but has no hesitation in updating, even over the phone. He likes to talk instead of writing. And he takes great pride in his work

I was referred to this website for metal part needs. Looks great, now to check up on the sellers reputation. Any thoughts?
Proton Gun
If this seller turns out to be A-OK, I will be investing in a number of parts and sell off the extra resin parts from Nick's kit.
It pays to not rush into buying things and this is a perfect example - the GOOD thing is, Nick's parts are highly regarded and I'm sure I can part them out if I decide to go with metal replacements - though I DO plan on keeping the gun body and the greeblies on the sides.

I've bought from him a few times. Ships fast and his stuff is high quality. You can find his feedback on GBfans under the name umoribawar.

Yup. This is pretty epic. I've got one, but it's so legit that I can barely carry it. I'm like 5'2" so....... yeah.

Make one that looks this cool and can be carried forever around convention halls and running while busting ghosts and whatnot.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back