Interest Dragonslayer - " THE SPEAR " - FINAL PICS of Prototype!!!

Re: Dragonslayer - " THE SPEAR " - NEW PICS of Prototype!!!

The repro looks to be flatter, but I understand the difficulties involved when you are going 3rd party and using blurry screencaps. I think no matter what, it looks better unsharpened.

Are there possibly at least two spears used in the movie??? When comparing the screencaps, the overall profile, size of the cutouts etc. seems to differ...

Are there possibly at least two spears used in the movie??? When comparing the screencaps, the overall profile, size of the cutouts etc. seems to differ...

Yes, there were at least 3 spears used, possibly more....

Still in,
I would prefer mine unsharpened all black. I hope you can get the 3 pronged spikes curved like in the screen caps that would be nice.

I am deffinately in.... I can see with a little time at the belt sander, the blade and 3 pronged part can me modified (there is the right amount of space to play with. I'm looking forward to it.. :)

UPDATE:

Just got the prototypes in and there are some issues that I'm not happy with...

The blade on the Spearhead is definitely way to thick! A little over 3/8"! It should be a 1/4" and tapered to the sharpened edge.This thing weighs a ton with how much metal they used!
The Spikes are too thin at 1/8", which should be at least 1/4" and tapered to a point. Since I'll be having them redo this part, I'll have them curve the angles a bit on the spike! ;)

The Butt End part looks good though! :lol

I'll discuss this with them on Monday and see where we go from there. They will need to make another prototype before I approve production.

Here's another pic of the Spikes from the film. The Spikes are still angular, but just have the points of the angles rounded a bit.
Spike1.jpg

Last edited:

Thanks for the update 3/8" is crazy heavy !!
good to hear about the prongs I did agree with Batmann on that one after a further look ...
I'm biting nails!!!! but still patient !!! HAHAHAH

UPDATE:

I had to send the factory 1:1 size drawing specs of the Spearhead and Pole Attachment, so they would know exactly how they should look.

The drawing specs arrived to them today, so hopefully they'll have something to show soon! :cool

Hi Brenton,
Hows the spear coming along?
Looking forward to getting one for Christmas if possible.

Hi Brenton,
Hows the spear coming along?
Looking forward to getting one for Christmas if possible.

I spoke with the factory a few days ago, and they're still working on it. Due to election activity, they had a few holidays and everything was slow. They received my drawings a month ago in the midst of all this.
So, as frustrating as it sounds, I wasn't too happy that they didn't have a finished prototype by now...
Although, they did show me what they had so far and it looked like they were headed in the right direction.
I lit a fire under their ***** though for taking so long, and hopefully we'll have a finished prototype before Christmas, but if you're wanting this before Christmas, that may be a little too hopeful....

I should hope to have something after the holidays...

Stay tuned! This is getting done.... :cool

UPDATE:

New prototype will be arriving at my doorstep in the next couple of days! :cool:thumbsup

They didn't send me any pics before they shipped it this time, so I'll post pics soon after it arrives.

UPDATE:

I've started assembling my spear!

Here it is before I'm about to stain. The spear pieces aren't permanently attached yet, and I also need to go get some leather to wrap between the spearhead and the spikes.

Remember the Spearhead is 28 inches! So, attached to the pole, it is 10 feet in length.

I couldn't find anything around to size it up with, so I Photoshopped a coke can in as best as I could. So, the spear may be bigger than what you see here... :lol
Here it is so far in all its' glory! :cool

SpearProgressSm1.jpg

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back