Dragon Skin Studios..Still Selling??

There was some good input from rep peeps..so yeah funny GPS BS and claims of being #1 but maybe not so bad pieces for a decent price. I mean a backpack and cannon and mount all resin shipped for $200! Tempting and looks pretty nice. Plus pay with Paypal and you can't loose..
Gotta investigate a little more considering AVP back packs and cannons (with mounts) are hard to come by :)

run a mile.. not worth the effort or headache.. signing contracts. etc.. balls to that.. just bite the bullet and get your stuff here.. bovine13 does the AVP back pack and a decent price to.. have a look at the who makes what thread..

run a mile.. not worth the effort or headache.. signing contracts. etc.. balls to that.. just bite the bullet and get your stuff here.. bovine13 does the AVP back pack and a decent price to.. have a look at the who makes what thread..

Already been there..i have contacted all who make the packa, cannons & arms..no one has any projections on making any or I def would.
Been about 5 months looking...(AVP that is)

i find that really odd. i have spoken to a few of the guys and have had no issues at all..

also drop chuck (ruffkintoy) a pm he does the cannon and other armour parts as well

i got curious and checked out the site again i did it when i first joined here all the vids were up and going but they taken down a video or two from the ones i wanted to watch this time off their site. so the site might be down, or they might be doing well enough they have forgotten about it completely.

now saying that comment i checked out that thread you guys put up........hahahahahahaha starting to think his site might be down. not because he is doing well

He just sent me a reply email to my inquiry about product availability and he is up and running (accepting orders).
The website is a bit screwy and you can only get to the products from a different link. Strange

If I may: IF there are longtime members of this board (Mods, to be specific) who have already expressed more than enough examples, stories, etc., about dealings with Derek, why on earth is anyone even considering to deal with him? Even if one or two guys had GREAT dealings, the fact remains that plenty more have not and, more importantly IMHO, he was banned for continued shenanigans (Gotta love that word). Further, this douche still has himself up on a giant pedestal on the home page of his site with the quote, "Sculptor of the most accurate Giger Alien suit since 1979!" Who the hell voted on THAT title?! This only exemplifies his previous ego remains. Frankly, at this point, anyone who burns their hand on this red-hot stove, did so with more than enough warning and hopefully will not have the audacity to even bring it up in another thread, lest ye' get hammered by the remaining members. Just sayin'...

Ive delt with him several times and got all my stuff fast 3 to 5 days on most of them to the U.S. I have always found Derek to be a stand up guy some of the stuff he has is alittle pricey and some very reasonible. ANd I know he has got carried away with the whole people recasting his stuff and saying hes gonna put a micro chip in them. Which is impossible to track a recast cause the recast wont have a chip in it. But other than stupid stuff Ive never had a lick of problems ordering from him.

his blatant recast of the murphy elder and then to call it his own...not sure what is so damn stand up about that dwayne...and then that back peddling prick got called out on it and he still tried to defend it as his.

just because he delivers on time his "own" pieces..super, great...but i've known enough about derek to know that dude is shady...deal with him if you wish but after the **** he pulled on the board..

"He is your baggage....you get screwed over and u on u own"

i would say more but i would have to ban myself...

AM

Stand up guy? huh?

Dwayne, he has lied to/slagged off/attacked/recast and down right been a cock to people on this board you call friends, yet you still defend him?

what does that say about you?

As others above have said, deal with him at your peril.

Stand up guy? huh?

Dwayne, he has lied to/slagged off/attacked/recast and down right been a cock to people on this board you call friends, yet you still defend him?

what does that say about you?

As others above have said, deal with him at your peril.
Wow I guess it doesnt say much about me and maybe I would be better off staying away from people that I thought were friends. Im only going by what my experience has been with him hes never been anything but a stand up guy with me. And I have never seen him sell a recast of Murphys elder I heard he made a recast for himself but I even asked him if he had a elder mask that he sold and he said no. So Ive personally never seen him sell a recast and I do know hes been a cock to several people here. But several people here have been totall cock nozzles to me in the past too. Im just sayin nobody is perfect including me. Thats all Im gonna say about it as Im shure my character is gonna no doubt be attacked to for opening my mouth.

I have a suit and hands being painted by Dwayne because he is a honest guy that believes in great work. I have researched and found him to be good at what he does and a good man.
Everyone has different experiences with people, like I said Derek has been nothing but nice to me with any questions I have had. Maybe just maybe people change. His work is amazing, the prices are very good...it's my hobby so I risk $150 bucks, but to me its not a risk with good people having good experiences and PayPal at the ready to dispute/refund any issue..win win the way I look at it

I'm sorry if this caused bad blood, mods feel free to lock this down it's going nowhere but hurting friends..again, I'm sorry for the newb mistake.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back