Dragon for silicone puppet

animator

Sr Member
This is a dragon sculpture taking inspiration from many sources, including Smaug. This will be puppet for my son assuming I can get a mold done.

The arms/wings and ears are different sculptures (for molding). The hollowed out areas will have foam horns (also separate sculptures).

DragonProfile.jpg

The sculpture is around 21 inches long and made from Chavant hard clay since I heard it is easier to release from EpoxAcast than Monster Clay.

animator

Sr Member
If you use silver spray on a finished sculpture any clay will almost fall out of an epoxy mold. great sculpture dude.

I appreciate the tip! I will try that when molding the wings. I'm still digging Chavant out of this mold... that stuff is so sticky!

Hoping to pour a test skin tomorrow in Ecoflex 00-30.

Psab keel

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Get some moisturizer bro!

Seriously though that sculpture is incredible. Whether it stays just a sculpture or becomes a puppet I'm astounded by your ability. That's crazy impressive.

animator

Sr Member
Getting more parts ready to mold.

Lower teeth and mouth. I plan to cast these with FlexFoam-iT.
LowerTeeth.jpg

Horns for around the jaw. These will also be FlexFoam-iT.
JawHorns.jpg

Here is the dragons back I forgot to post earlier
Back_Dragon.jpg

Attachments

• Back.jpg
    Back.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 5

publiusr

Such a labor of love. My mom did a jaws puppet for me for school—cloth….gone now…Do the Godzilla puppet from the 50’s. It and Shin Gojira were walking hellmouths

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.