Dragon ball

Discussion in 'Replica Props' started by tk1055, Feb 19, 2012.

1. tk1055

tk1055 Sr Member

So the other day I was walking in my local Hobby Lobby I got this idea to try.

Using a DIY acrylic x-mas ornament, a little orange paint and some stars this is what I came up with. A quick and easy way to make Dragon Balls. Now to make the other 6!:facepalm

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 5, 2012
  2. VortexRunner

VortexRunner Active Member

Wow! Looks surprisingly good! Have you considered putting lights inside?

3. morfeus345

morfeus345 New Member

nice work!

4. tk1055

tk1055 Sr Member

Thanks guys. Yes I have thought of putting lights in it, I plan on doing a magnetic switch in all 7 so when they are gathered together they will light up.

5. Dave316

Dave316 New Member

That's such a great idea with the magnets! I have a set of seven that I bought, but the quality is horrible compared to your one. Looks great!

6. tk1055

tk1055 Sr Member

Thank you, Next one I do I will have to take some WIP pics, and post a tutorial!

7. MadMike

MadMike Well-Known Member

I've read some of the mangas, loved the anime and always thought that replicas of the Dragonballs would be a PITA as you don't really have a scale. In Son Goku's hands (when he's young) they seem very big, bigger than a baseball or something, but in Piccolo's hands they look ridiculously tiny. But yours looks pretty good.

But just a question, is it the picture, or are the stars really black? I had in mind that they are yellow

8. tk1055

tk1055 Sr Member

Actually in the show they are dark Redish orange, I chose to go with a red instead to better contrast with the orange of the ball.

9. Contec

Contec Master Member

10. omegax80

omegax80 New Member

Looks really cool. I'm a fan of DBZ. Would you do all three versions of the Dragon Balls? The Earth, Namekian, and the Black Stars?

11. nightwing615

nightwing615 New Member

wow...i can't believe that used to be a Christmas ornament! very creative dude :):thumbsup

12. tk1055

tk1055 Sr Member

Now that is a thing of beauty!!

Omega, At this point I am only making the Earth set. However once I get some more supplies I will do a tutorial so others may build them.