Dr Who Vortex Manipulator and customized Sonic Screwdriver

Jesso

This isn't a pro build, you can tell that when you see the picture below, but I felt like showing it off anyway. Big DR Who fan and I thought I'd try to do a Vortex manipulator. The Strap was made from an old purse (Need to double up on the stitches). The device itself is from the toy. Some of you might ask "Why bother to make a strap when you've got the toy?" The strap from the toy is small and ridged, while the one I made is larger, flexable and more comfortable to wear. In addition I removed the sound chip from a Master's Laser Screwdriver toy and installed it into Manipulator. Now when I push a button not only does the blue light comes on, there's sound.

But now that left me with a Laser Screwdriver that had no sound effects. Thought I'd be a bit creative and customized it so it's now a sonic screwdriver. The end cap is from an 11th doctor screwdriver while the blue emitter is from a 10th doctor screwdriver. The sound chip is also from an 11th screwdriver so it has two sound effects and two hidden ones.

DSC00073.JPG

Turned out really nice! I like the design of your VM even better than the original - That handmade look is really attractive. But I'm still a little confused about the sonic...

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back