Dr Who-Tardis due for 12 monthly Maintenance

Rassilon

Well the Tardis is having a birthday in March so I headed out to give her a good cleaning and remove some spiders and cobwebs from the corners. :)
As I was giving her a good doing over, and yes I was wishing very very hard,:love I noticed that in some sections of the marine ply had started to delaminate. :cry

This is very bad for such a young Tardis she is only 10 months old, as water will seep into that part and lead to rot. And in one particular area it had lifted off, so that part had to be removed.

Also the sealer that I used to seal the sides to the base has malfunctioned and also needed to be replenished.

And the paint needed to be revitalised at the same time, so most of my Sunday was spent repairing and fixing cracks in the plywood surfaces.

Next weekend will be giving he a good paint, OH YEAH :love

8589-tw1.jpg

8601-s6.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Dr Who-Tardis due for Maintenances

My roof section died after after some serious monsoons so I ended up doing my repairs last October....

382151_288325881198162_100000622564596_1017104_320254029_n.jpg

also made some repairs to the base, replaced the windows and even added an acrylic door sign and St. Johns badge which I know its not TV accurate but its my TARDIS and I love it...

392689_305916756105741_100000622564596_1065613_1594335168_n.jpg

even painted the inside...

166949_292091354154948_100000622564596_1029654_350263262_n.jpg

Last edited:

Oh yeah I know what you mean, mine's the same, not screen accurate but is dimensionally currect to TYJ design. And love it all the same.

Your pic's didn't turn out.

This might be part of why a lot of the real police boxes were made out of concrete.

This might be part of why a lot of the real police boxes were made out of concrete.

Also because they were used as a temporary holding cell, if they were make of wood you could probably kick your way out of it....

Yeah so true, but plywood and fiberglass resin work well together, once I get the small amount of water damage work completed, I'll then use fiberglass resin to seal the bottom area, this should have been implemented in the first place.

Yeah so true, but plywood and fiberglass resin work well together, once I get the small amount of water damage work completed, I'll then use fiberglass resin to seal the bottom area, this should have been implemented in the first place.

The joys of TARDIS building... You find theres a number of "things I should have done in the first place" I dont think your ever really finished when it comes tot he TARDIS....

Yeah so true, I have finished the repairs to the plywood, however we had a rainstorm last night and I was inside the Tardis closing the window "you can see that window in the photo bellow" during that storm that lasted about 15 mints. :)

8596-tw8.jpg

And found that some of the windows had small water leaks were the silicon did not seal, so looks like I still have some minor repairs still to do to the window frames. :unsure

Ive found that with the Arizona weather my TARDIS requires a lot of love, and constant repairs. The heat here is just brutal on the poor girl. After a recent down pour I discovered a bunch of leaks had sprung up from nowhere so I went back on the roof to make repairs.

Ive decided to try out some spray flex, I figure Ive tried a bunch of other stuff Ill give this a go. Being plastic in nature it may expand and contract better that the filler Ive been using. So fingers crossed there.... In addition to some minor repairs I now have a remote sound and light board installed.....

So heres a quick video I shot: TARDIS sound and light - YouTube

Yeah we must have the same weather system, our summer is just about to finish and head into, what you yank’s call fall, so I have to get her ready for 3 months of winter.

As she is only 12 months old “having her birthday this month”, the Tardis is still in the new stage of life, so I don’t know how long I will have her around, I’m working on about 7 to 8 years with some love to keep her feeling young.

Well I love in Arizona so when it gets hot it gets HOT!

Although Ive only been here for about 6 years, I actually grew up just out side of London.

But we are about to go in to Spring right now.

Was there this time last year, had a hell of a time, oh so your from the mother land then, how did you end up in Arizona, Issues with the vortex manipulator circuit triggering the quondam coupler on the binary matrix manipulator leading to you been stuck in Arizona. :cool

My dematerialisation circuit is burnt out so I can’t move to Tardis to fix the wood decking.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back