Dr Who ; Recently aquired props

corpseguy

I recently picked up these pieces.

I'm of the understanding that Davros is a second gen ( copy at and by the bbc) from the Colin Baker/Peter Davison period

The Sontaran is from the original mould. circa 1986(approx) from "The 2 Doctors"

The Daemon is from the original mould 1971 but was used for copies - Jon pertwee.

Feel free to correct me if i'm wrong but the source these came from is very reliable

davros4.jpg

davros3.jpg

fathead4.jpg

fathead2.jpg

fathead1.jpg

demon2.jpg

demon1.jpg

No ways! fromt what i've been told they're originals. so i woulnd't wanna sully them!

Personally, I wouldn't see anything wrong with having anything unpainted or whose paint has been damaged professionally painted or restored. And with foam latex pieces, at least, it's even beneficial since a proper paintjob and clearcoat can prevent drying and rot. For other pieces it's just aesthetic, but personally I think it makes them more displayable and increases value of unpainted or very paint-damaged pieces provided the job is professional and accurate. But to each his own. :)

...displayable and increases value of unpainted or very paint-damaged pieces provided the job is professional and accurate. :)

painting no. lol

Though with the condition they are i'm going to take some moulds as one has black rot and its not likely to survive the next 2 years :( so i'll at least have salvaged them!

Id be interested in a couple of these if you mold them .
Latex wont last forever , its best to do a safety mold .
I have a Davidson Silurian unpainted production pull that I am repairing , painting , sealing, then eventually molding for safety .

wow thats cool.i had a friend who works on the sets of dr who in the uk.he gave me some slithien skin and some spent blank cartridges from captain jack harkness's pistol

Those are awesome. The last time I did any research looking for one, the Davros mask is almost impossible to find aftermarket, so having the original is really amazing!

See your point about painting and you have to save that one piece , pronto ! I would be very interested in copies of these ! As we all would , I`m sure ...

Whoa! hey guys!

Sorry for the late reply but i've been outta town. i've been asked by a few people for copies i guess i'll see what interest there is but right now its just a question of salvaging them, will grab some other pics later!

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back