Dr Who Dematerialisation circuit -quick build

Metaluna mutant

Sr Member
With some plastruct tubing and some odds and bits, I did a pair of Dr Who demat circuits from the classic series. The ones featured in the classic series are a bit different from the one used in the current series.

IMG_0681.JPGIMG_0677.JPGIMG_0679.JPGIMG_0807.JPG

Not shown--the paper clips I used for the wires

Attachments

• IMG_0678.JPG
    IMG_0678.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 475
IMG_0032.JPGIMG_0033.JPG

All done. A quickie I've always wanted to build and the current dw series gave me the impetus finally. Silver paper clip wires, some scrap copper wire, plastic beads and some tiny brass screws finished them off. Hardest part was cutting and glueing together the tubes for the center joint. It's a tetrahedron center joint but the rest is just tubes, rod, discs, wire and paint.

I'm considering trying to make that center joint part via 3D printing if I can. The circuit is easily to build but that center joint has to be cut and angled and assembled just right to work and that took the most time. If I had the joint part ready I could make the rest in an hour of two.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back