Dr. Strange in the Multiverse of Madness news

Fans first, creators second.I find it disturbing that when the suits bicker, they hardly ever think of the consequences for the fans.That's how we lost the Sam Raimi franchise as well.
How hard can it be to cast ego aside and find common ground?

Fans first, creators second.I find it disturbing that when the suits bicker, they hardly ever think of the consequences for the fans.That's how we lost the Sam Raimi franchise as well.
How hard can it be to cast ego aside and find common ground?

Very easy. You have to remember that the studios aren't making these movies for the fans, the fans come a distant second. What the studio wants is the max return on their investment. If they can do this while pleasing the fans, sure, that's fine. But if they can do it without pleasing the fans then that's fine too. They don't care about vision, canon, art, or anything like that, all they care about is butts in seats and everything they want in a movie is all based on what they think will best accomplish that.

If you don't please the fans they won't buy the tickets...

Of course you could please the masses insteaded of the fans. Though, i think that'd be hard with out largely pleasing fans as well.

As far as marvel goes, the sure as hell seem to care about vision, canon, and art. It wouldn't have made 20+ flicks if they didn't.

This is hardly the first time a director has been removed or left a movie. I don't get how it's all of a sudden an indictment of marvel. some damning condemnation that shows Disney cares nothing about fans or the quality of films.

Somebody different is going to be directing the movie. That's all it means.

If you don't please the fans they won't buy the tickets...

Of course you could please the masses instead of the fans. Though, i think that'd be hard with out largely pleasing fans as well.

As far as marvel goes, the sure as hell seem to care about vision, canon, and art. It wouldn't have made 20+ flicks if they didn't.

Like I said, the studios don't really care one way or the other. If they think they can make their money without necessarily pleasing the fans then they'll do so, if they think that it's worth their time and money to please the fans then they'll do so as well. I think that it depends a lot on the property/IP and the studio involved. Some studios are more hands on with the top execs being more involved and dictating what they want in a film and try to make have it made by the numbers. Then there's others who are more hands off and who, after a budget and a few other things are worked out, are more content to let their top creative people free reign. But the one thing both types of studios have in common is that they care deeply about the bottom line and they're in the business of making money and movies just happen to be the way they make their money.

If this was Star Wars or DC I'd worry,.....but it's Marvel.....if Scott Derrickson's ideas don't fall into Kevin Feige's next phase masterplan,....I'd honestly go with Kevin Feige

....But if it's Disney interfering (which I really doubt),....thats a different opinion

J

So, from what I heard, Derrickson left because he wasn't happy about the time he was being given to get this movie completed. If true, anyone who comes on board at this point is going to have even less time. Good luck to whoever takes over.

Studios actualy do not care much about fans. If 10.000 fans will not show up for the movie but they know 100.000 others will come and watch it it is ok for them. Money makes the decisions there, not a director or actor.

I don't think that applies to marvel as much as others.

Through 20+ movies, they seem to care about the story and staying true to the source more than anything else. They know following that recipe that the rest will follow.

Now, yeah, there are clearly other places that view it that way, but i don't think it fits here.

Actually, they don't really stay that close to the source material. When was Peter Parker ever a prodigy of Tony Stark? Thor was never a goofball, etc.

Just sayin'...I don't have any problems with the Marvel movies. I like 'em all! Story material is great, but they do stray pretty far from the actual original source material. Which is fine... But that claim is just not true.

By true, i mean true to the way the characters are/were established in the comics. They didn't flat out change the characters 'just cause' or because 'suits' wanted them to. Peter was never a prodigy of Stark, no, but more or less, peter is still peter. Thor didn't really get to goofball status until Endgame.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back