Dr Pepper Thor Hammer Replica

rocket20

Does anyone know or have heard about any Mjolnirs that were part of Dr Pepper displays or promotions? Apparently they are full size, look identical to the movie hammer, with a heavy duty plastic head and a leather wrapped handle. Weighs about a couple of pounds.

Where did you hear (or see) this? I've scoured the web and can't find a thing on it and now I really want to! :cry

Didn't find it either.

Here's a consolation prize

thorpepper.jpg

455.00...for THAT?! You can see the seam lines in the plastic and the "leather" is really "leather-like". Sorry, bro, not impressed. I'm still happy withe the costume version I got for 12.00.
Good luck with your search, though.

455.00...for THAT?! You can see the seam lines in the plastic and the "leather" is really "leather-like". Sorry, bro, not impressed. I'm still happy withe the costume version I got for 12.00.
Good luck with your search, though.

I agree, the quality isn't $400+ worthy. But the fact that apparently they are very rare is what's bringing the high $$$.

Visible seams, handle doesn't look like it is wrapped with leather, hollow handle, no plug at the bottom of the handle so you can see inside!!! I think the foam version from the other thread is way better than that thing.

By Odin, no way the God of Thunder would be caught dead wielding that thing!

Are you sure it's the same kind ? This one's handle is black. The other was brown.

... and still no "Dr. Pepper" mentioned.

Are you sure it's the same kind ? This one's handle is black. The other was brown.

... and still no "Dr. Pepper" mentioned.

If you email the sellers (like I have) and ask what type of promo kit the hammer derived from, they will tell you from a Dr. Pepper display. I've had 4 different sellers from different parts of the US to say the same thing. Why it isn't being mentioned in their descriptions, I don't know. Didn't ask them. Maybe you might want to.

Hmm... From the look of it (seams, hollow handle, etc.) I think it might be this one from Disguise that retails for about $20:

Amazon.com: Thor Movie - Thor Hammer (Adult): Toys & Games

For anyone who's interested, they also do the classic style:

Amazon.com: THOR HAMMER: Toys & Games

I've got 'em both and they've got pretty good detail and are fine for display, though they make you twitch a bit to tweak/weight/mold or otherwise "fix" them...

I have the Disguise movie version and you're right, it's definitely worth the money. But these on ebay aren't the same. They have a fake leather wrap whereas the Disguise handle is all plastic with painted on lines. Also, the Disguise has a worn metal looking head, where the Dr Pepper hammers just look solid gray.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back