Dr. Octopus - 2012

My second run was attending free comic book day at my local comic store this past saturday. I fixed the rope. I have two claws that can open and close. Everything held up good. My plans are installing a couple of snaps that would secure my labcoat to my vest.

Also contemplating installing two bright red led lights on my two non functional claws. I think I can put my backpack on the inside of my green suit to hide straps.

The last picture, Spider-man and I had an action fighting scene. It was pretty cool. As you can see, I messed him up. (ha)

What do you guys think?

Jason, I figured out how to make the arms more manageable for getting them on and off and will solve the lab coat issue too. Lets gets together soon and I'll show you my ideas.

Sounds good to me. Also I need to drop red led lights in the center of the claws. Was thinking of a toggle switch and mounting them in one of the nooks. I am off this Monday and Tuesday coming up.

love that you are going with the green suit and lab coat.
i have an idea for you for the coat and maybe even a revamp of the arms.
i did a more recent comic version of doc ock for a friend a few years ago and we used plastic party cups as the arms (see pic). we jut stringed them together with a thin plastic tubing as a spacer between each one. this kept them very lightweight and we used fishing line to tether them to his actual arms so that he could "puppet" them. maybe you can use a similar idea for yours but then still have two that can me more sturdy to hold MJ if needed (also, i would suggest, as silly as it sounds, a blowup doll for her for weight as well).
for this particular doc ock, he was wearing a black duster instead of the white lab coat, but the idea of a duster made it easy to conceal the connection point of the tentacles to the back since duster coats have the flap on the back. maybe you can make a similar idea for the back of the lab coat. anyway, i love seeing cool stuff like this, keep up the great work

Attachments

• DSCN0855.JPG
    DSCN0855.JPG
    259.7 KB · Views: 196
This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back