Dr McCoy 2 in 1 display 1:12 scale

Hemble

Hi All,

McCoy's 2 in 1 dio is now completed 1:12 scale

Recipe

McCoy - The head is from a Art Asylum figure which I trimmed down to fit on the Mezco's Spock body. I then mixed paint to get the same colour as the uniform and painted over the top rank line to give him his LT Commander rank.

The vile in his hand is clear plastic rod and the med kit was made using pleather and the viles, syringe and medical scanner in made from plastic rod and clear plastic and there a two small magnets to make it stay closed. The other personal equipment came with the Spock figure and I used Vallejo paints and Army Painter to repaint the head, hands and equipment.

Base - is thick foam board and the McCoy's office table was done using foam board as well. The chair is a 3D print a friend did for me and I used black material to cover the leather area's.The skull is a head I had in the parts box and I just removed the eye's and nose and repainted it. The frame with the old medical tools is plastic card with a dry baby wipe glued over it and the strips ove plastic card glued over the baby wipe.

The tools all have been made using plastic rod and strips, the computer, computer screen and medical cards are all made from plastic card and the note pad is from the 7" Art Asylum Trek figures. The other side of the base is a picture from the net I printed off and glued in place and the sand is a mix of spakfilla and sand and once dry given a light wash of Vallejo's Desert sand. The shrubs are from Woodland Scenics Fine foliage Olive Green set and the grass tufts are from Army Painter and are called swamp tuft.

Ron

Attachments

• bm1.JPG
    bm1.JPG
    228 KB · Views: 125
  • bm2.JPG
    bm2.JPG
    252.5 KB · Views: 123
  • bm3.JPG
    bm3.JPG
    249.9 KB · Views: 117
  • bm7.JPG
    bm7.JPG
    256.2 KB · Views: 198
  • bm8.JPG
    bm8.JPG
    255.4 KB · Views: 140
  • bm9.JPG
    bm9.JPG
    259.5 KB · Views: 141
  • bm10.JPG
    bm10.JPG
    267.5 KB · Views: 170
  • bm18.JPG
    bm18.JPG
    149.1 KB · Views: 151
  • bm19.JPG
    bm19.JPG
    287.7 KB · Views: 135
  • bm4.JPG
    bm4.JPG
    305.8 KB · Views: 121
  • bm5.JPG
    bm5.JPG
    305.7 KB · Views: 116
  • bm6.JPG
    bm6.JPG
    307.6 KB · Views: 128
  • bm13.JPG
    bm13.JPG
    291.9 KB · Views: 129
  • bm14.JPG
    bm14.JPG
    310.9 KB · Views: 129
  • bm15.JPG
    bm15.JPG
    312.2 KB · Views: 131
  • bm16.JPG
    bm16.JPG
    309.2 KB · Views: 126
  • bm17.JPG
    bm17.JPG
    350.4 KB · Views: 109
I love this!
I have the 16 scale Kirk, Spock and McCoy from quantum mechanix. I was thinking about doing something like this only with the bridge since I have the captain's chair too. Just awesome!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Wow, this is a splendid piece! What a wonderful display that can go just about anywhere! I love this 1:12 scale.
Beautifully done...it's inspiring! Thanks for sharing!

Last edited by a moderator:
This is great! Well done.

Jim

Cheers Jim.

- - - Updated - - -

I love this!
I have the 16 scale Kirk, Spock and McCoy from quantum mechanix. I was thinking about doing something like this only with the bridge since I have the captain's chair too. Just awesome!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Thanks heaps mate and I did a partial 1:12 bridge and used the Diamond Select captains chair and scratch built everything else.

- - - Updated - - -

Very Very Cool. I was always surprised Mezco went Sulu instead of McCoy... never made sens e to me.

Jedi Dade

Cheers mate and same here, it would have been better if they did.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow, this is a splendid piece! What a wonderful display that can go just about anywhere! I love this 1:12 scale.
Beautifully done...it's inspiring! Thanks for sharing!

Thanks heaps.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back