Dr Fate 3D print Build. WIP

Postapocalympic

Dr Fate 6.jpg Dr Fate 5.jpg Dr Fate 4.jpg Dr Fate 3.jpg Dr Fate 2.jpg Dr Fate 1.jpg Killonoious.jpg Got a 3D printer finally. Powerspec I3 Mini. and decided to build something for a friend. I promised I would make a Dr Fate Helmet years ago. So I grabbed Killonious' files from Thingiverse. And have been printing away. Its a pretty small print bed so I have had to cut up a couple of the pieces so they will fit. Trying a variety of joining methods. Using a 3D pen to fill in the larger gaps as I have no place to do Bondo in my current house due to the fumes (The red stuff is the spot putty which is better but not as good in large areas). 2 Part epoxy ( i have some XTC 3D coming in the mail but that will wait for another build. and Good old cyanoacrylate glue.

I had a hell of a time getting those seams to dissapear. I used spotty like everyone says but it just didnt seem to help. I think I was impatient and didnt let it cure long enough maybe. Thats usually my downfall.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back