Dr. Doom Pep, WIP

Lando

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Im starting a Dr. Doom with Dung0beetle's pep file, I was able to unfold it, got it printed and will start assembly sometime today, hopefully it will turn out good, my last project was going good until I figured out it was too big, I will finish that one another time, my main concern is that I wanna finish Dr. Doom in time for Halloween. so wish me luck and hopefully I resized it correctly.:unsure
Thank you Dung0beetle fo your hard work on the pep file. :cheers

This is the goal.
fantastic-four-dr-doom.jpg

I'm using Dung0beetle's Pep file. I had to unfold it.
pep.jpg

Day one
after resizing the Pep file I got it printed and started cutting and pasting.

photfxfgx.jpg

Day 2
I'm on hold, I ran out of glue sticks

Day 3
Still on hold

Day 4
Finally got back to working on Doom, I had to cut the back of the head because the mask is fitted to my face, there is no room in the back to be able to put the mask on, also my head is a little widwer than the mask had to cut down the middle of the top of the head and added more cardstock, it fits good now, next is resin time.
photo.jpg

The fitment is perfect
Image25.jpg

So this is where I am at now, Lost count of days, I was finally able to get some resin, after the resing portion I primered the mask, as you can see theres still alot of work to smooth out the surfaces, so its bondo and sanding time.

IMG_1269.jpg

IMG_1268.jpg

New updated pictures as you can see I still need more sanding to do.
ab1c4d6c.jpg

e0998a30.jpg

60deca28.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Good luck. I thought about doing this but I wanted the 1980's Doom voice to go with it, could not figure it out and gave up lol.

i think this pep will be a hard one as there aren't really any large exaggerated features, might need some structure on the inners to keep a hold of the shape, i feel a little of the shape is lost in pepakura models due to the nature of bendable card.

look forward to seeing a photo update soon :cheers

i'm going to start another build in the next few days, if i can make a simple 3D model of it.

Its actually very strong because of all the different angles, of course I will have to do some bonding to get it right, I think this will be a good piece for me to work on.

Good luck. I thought about doing this but I wanted the 1980's Doom voice to go with it, could not figure it out and gave up lol.
Most of the tape will come off, also I will be adding Doom's voice, I dowloaded some voice clips. now I have to figure out what to use as a player

So I went out and finally found some resin to use, ive been looking for this stuff for about a week now, i bought it brought it back home and I was about to resin my mask and then i find out the resin is already hardened and check out the date on the bottom of the can and it has been expired since 2009, I was so frekin mad, now I gotta wait another day to get my stuff exchenged. :angry

yeah i hope you get that resin sorted, looking great so far, this should be a nice build! the fit looks prefect!

dr.doom just chilling on the sofa :eek:)

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back