Dr. Doom / Iron Man Hybrid!

F

F S CREATIONS

This falls slightly under the original category, but not really. Dr. Doom has always been one of my favorite 2nd tier villains in the marvel universe and it's about time I did something to show it! The idea is, what if in the marvel cinematic universe, Victor Doom exists and manages to get his hands on an iron man suit and repurpose it, like in Iron Man 2. Obviously Doom is intelligent and wealthy enough to make his own from scratch, but the idea is simply, what would it look like? Since my ED-209 won't be finished in time for NYCC, I have decided to dust off this idea and add it to my other two costumes i'll be wearing there.

Made of...

-Matte Board
-Poster Board
-Smooth Cast 320
-Undecided Cloth Type

Here is the concept
attachment.php

The beginnings
attachment.php

You might want to read Iron Man: Demon in an Armour. Tony Stark and Victor Von Doom swap minds leading to a Dr Doom themed Iron Man armour. Much prefer your helmet though :)
wiimdiaa.jpgVictor_von_Doom_01_(Earth-11029).jpg

Thanks for the comments and suggestions guys, I appreciate them. Only the helmet was fully thought out so it will be interesting to see what I come up with for the arms and legs. BTW just found out about the Eastern Cosplay Championship and I think i'll enter my Doom into it, if I finish before the deadline that is.

Making good progress
attachment.php

There was an episode of Disney's Avengers Assemble. In the episode, Doom took over the world and had his armor retrofitted with Tony's Iron Man tech. Here are some pictures.

9gld.jpg Victor_von_Doom_(Earth-TRN345).png Doom.jpg

Could be finished with the helmet sooner than I thought!

Chin juts out a bit farther than expected, but it's within reason.
attachment.php

Spoke too soon about being finished earlier than planned, work got in the way again. Fear not, work resumes and here is what I've got.
The green underneath is the fabric for the cape, hood and tunic.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Even though it won't be showing, I'm making the basic components of the torso; this way the shapes will show up in the fabric of the tunic. Plus the frame will help keep the arms in place.

attachment.php

Ah, finally laid off for the winter season. A return to work is in order. Here is just some work I've been able to do since last I posted.

The knees and elbows will be attached using grommets, they provide a sturdy/ low profile alternative to say, bolts.
Stupid hands, gonna take the longest with having to cut the individual finger sections out of plastic sheets.
attachment.php

Arms will be attached to shoulders and pauldrons using elastic bands.
attachment.php

The chest is one solid piece that opens up from the back (kept shut with magnets) to allow easy on/off, with the least number of overall components. The arms will be permanently attached, so it is effectively a bulky straight jacket. The shoulder rotators are lazy susans, to allow smooth mechanically based motion. It was an idea I've been playing around with for a few years now.
attachment.php

Hope to have more soon, stay tuned! :[ ]

Let us know how those turntable bearings work out, I saw some of those on Amazon, but was concerned about the bearings themselves.

It's been a while, but finally painting. The base is plastidip, with silver and gold paint over and weathered using 0000 steel wool. Just have to put the mesh in the mouth and glass in the eye ports and the helmet is done.

attachment.php

This build turned out a bit of a travesty, as some parts turned out smaller than expected and non reinforced parts started breaking. I was in a rush to finish for a local Con and decided I didn't have enough time to coat it with smooth-cast. Big mistake. So in that, I've "paid the price for my lack of vision", as many parts will have to be re-built. The good thins to come out of this were the helmet and the cloth portions. Like I just mentioned in my Rain Spider build, these costumes were my first attempt with sewing and both turned out better than expected. As I still need to finish ED-209, it is un-clear whether or not I will be fixing it in time for NYCC. Still, enjoy. :]

attachment.php

attachment.php

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back