Dr Doom Armour

MrAdamJay

OK so the upper body has nearly been finished ! (in time for Pro Shoot on the 11th and MegaCon!!). The torso and the shoulders are "original" designs. Everything being made for me is by Hermes.

Let me know what you think so far?

DoomArmour1.jpg

DoomArmour2.jpg

Well, to me it´s looking good :) (then again, it is I who am making it, so there...)

I would welcome any questions, should any RPF´er feel compelled to do so. :)

Oh, Looch, I hadn´t seen your question prior to my posting, so allow me to address it in full...

So. The build is pretty straightforward - It is made out of EVA foam. The thing is I treated the outside of the foam by adding some 1mm transparent PVC and 1mm Sintra in different parts, and covering every single part in a metallic skin. The material I chose is interesting in which it reflects quite a bit, even being the duller, more lead-like color. I have access to some REALLY chrome material like that one, and man, the difference is huge.

Anyway, it wasn´t based on any papercraft at all. Instead, it was brute force, as it were, in which all of the parts were first calculated, then fitted then covered, then all assembled.

That´s it in a nutshell.

Any more questions?

Oh, Looch, I hadn´t seen your question prior to my posting, so allow me to address it in full...

So. The build is pretty straightforward - It is made out of EVA foam. The thing is I treated the outside of the foam by adding some 1mm transparent PVC and 1mm Sintra in different parts, and covering every single part in a metallic skin. The material I chose is interesting in which it reflects quite a bit, even being the duller, more lead-like color. I have access to some REALLY chrome material like that one, and man, the difference is huge.

Anyway, it wasn´t based on any papercraft at all. Instead, it was brute force, as it were, in which all of the parts were first calculated, then fitted then covered, then all assembled.

That´s it in a nutshell.

Any more questions?
it looks great. That's how I made my Batman Returns outfit back when that came out, cut the pieces from foam and stretched the proper fabric over it. Have you seen this fabric in any other colours?

That´s it in a nutshell.

Any more questions?

I know its a long shot but do you by chance have any links to the products that you actually used. I want to do a Cyborg costume and the metallic look you got is exactly what i'm going for.

Mr. Endo, I wouldn´t know even where to look for the links, I went to my usual stores and I found there the fabrics I needed. Plus, I am quite sure it´s produced within the country, and since I live in Brasil, most likely you won´t find it anywhere near you, BUT I can provide you with the material itself, if you wish, I could go to the store, buy it and ship it for you, should you need. As far as usage, I used about 6 meters already in the suit (counting the legs, which aren´t shown, and the feet, which aren´t shown either), 6 meters equals 20 feet. I am yet to finish it, and I believe I´ll have used in the end 7 meters of material, estimating here.

Again, should you wish, I would be at your service to send it over :) As for the rest of the materials, just plain EVA foam in 1/4 inch, mostly, some 1/2 inch, lots of transparent PVC sheets, some Sintra ones, at least a liter of CA glue, a sort of fabric that looks JUST like very small techy chain mail and a healthy amount of Velcro and there you go.

No paper was harmed in the making of the suit, which means all of the patterns, cuts, all was cut from scratch, most of it, without any sort of measuring other than good old guestimation.

:)

Mr. Endo, I wouldn´t know even where to look for the links, I went to my usual stores and I found there the fabrics I needed. Plus, I am quite sure it´s produced within the country, and since I live in Brasil, most likely you won´t find it anywhere near you, BUT I can provide you with the material itself, if you wish, I could go to the store, buy it and ship it for you, should you need. As far as usage, I used about 6 meters already in the suit (counting the legs, which aren´t shown, and the feet, which aren´t shown either), 6 meters equals 20 feet. I am yet to finish it, and I believe I´ll have used in the end 7 meters of material, estimating here.

Again, should you wish, I would be at your service to send it over :) As for the rest of the materials, just plain EVA foam in 1/4 inch, mostly, some 1/2 inch, lots of transparent PVC sheets, some Sintra ones, at least a liter of CA glue, a sort of fabric that looks JUST like very small techy chain mail and a healthy amount of Velcro and there you go.

No paper was harmed in the making of the suit, which means all of the patterns, cuts, all was cut from scratch, most of it, without any sort of measuring other than good old guestimation.

:)

Thanks for getting back to me about the materials used. I'll see if I can find them in the US first, but I will keep your offer in mind. But your build has really inspired / helped me out with the project I have been working on.

Fala Hermes, quer dizer que vc tb é brazuca? ^^ Gostei muito do seu trabalho. Moro em Cabo Frio/RJ e vc? Você esculpiu o seu elmo como? Abraço!

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back