Double Barrel Shotgun

DarthLakey

Does anyone know how I could build a camera-worthy double barrel or lever action shotgun? Either scratch building or converting a (buzz bee?) gun is fine, but how could I make the plastic look like wood and metal enough to be camera/collectible worthy? Is there anyway of easily replacing the grip and stock with wood and the barrels with metal, or is spray paint the only way to go here? Any and all (non-troll, obviously) answers are welcome!
EDIT: When I have the plan done, if people are interested, I will make a build thread for this and some other relating projects I hope to start in the near future...

Depending on what you prefer, it might be easier to just grab a Denix double barrel shotgun replica and do some improvements to the paint and finish.

I bought a sawed off coach gun made by denix, and it's pretty awesome. Love the hammer action.

If you wanted to mod out an airsoft, that's pretty easy as well. The wood grain paint will be a pain in the ass, but there are tutorials out there for that.

Best way to have the metal look like actual blued gun metal is to hit it with flat black, then rub it down with graphite (sold in Lowes, etc near the keys), then hit it with more flat black, then rub it down again, and just repeat a few times with thinner coats of flat black each time.

You can find double barrel airsofts online for probably in the 10$ range, and the paint and graphite and rags should cost you about 8$. Little of it goes a long way.

Hope this helps!
Chris

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back