Doopy Doos Greedo Killer Showoff Thread

Egon

Sr Member
Hey All,

This is my first venture into working with resin castings.

The kit came fast and is very clean and really required very little clean up!

I first expoxied the receiver and main body together, then assembled the scope and mount. I decided to drill out holes to use screws to attach the scope mount to the body. I covered those screws with the cast disks.

When it came to painting, this is where I got a little creative and tried some new (to me) techniques. I painted the body and flash hider (as it is attached to the casting) with flat black and scope mount and scope with glossy. To me, this is what helped give the illusion that the castings are different parts assembled. Once the flat black dried on the body, I used simple acrylic to paint the flash hider grey, then did a few dry brush passes with black and then over sprayed the end with the flat black to give it a bit of weathering on the end.

On the body, I painted a mix of phathlo blue and black to make it looked a bit more like it was gunblued. Over that, I used silver rub n' buff. But I smeared it on my fingers first to get almost all of it off and then gently applied that all over the body. the streak on the front was an unfortunate accident really late in the game - pretty bummed about that.

The grips came in a redish brown resin. I used just black acrylic on a foam brush to darken them a bit.

After that, It was just a matter of assembling it all!

Thanks and let me know what you think!

photo 1.JPGphoto 2.JPGphoto 3.JPGphoto 4.JPG

Well you did a great job on the paint up. Most of these I have seen fall really flat but you did a good job of layering the paint and weathering it up. Great job!

Nicely done. I use the same trick of painting the gun bodies a flat/satin colour, and glossing the scopes, and it really makes a difference. I think the body looks like it has a bit to much silver rub on it, it looks a bit grey rather than black, but other than that good job!

It looks great especially you choices in tones and luster. I don't think I would have known it was resin if you had not told me.

my only suggestion is that you need to paint the screw and nut on the handle brass. Other than that, wow!

Last edited:
Thanks Guys! really happy with it for my first resin build. It was kind of a dry run for my ANH Han Solo costume that is in the works. I plan on getting the Hero.

I also plan on rub n' buffing the brass once I get it in from being on order.

I want the the big blaster the DLT 19 I guess that's the only one they won't ship to the states? Does any one have this here in the states?

RPF member clutch did at one time. They are really sweet... No idea if he still has the molds or makes them?

Might be worth PMing him. Super cool guy.

I want the the big blaster the DLT 19 I guess that's the only one they won't ship to the states? Does any one have this here in the states?

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back