Doomed! Roger Corman Dr Doom mask 1994 (Ready!)

Vandark

Sr Member
doooom oomph!

it's the perfect doom mask!

never moulded a Doom mask before....but gonna be perfect.. cold cast aluminium. velvet interior... leather straps...

Last edited:

HammyDribbler

Interested to see how this comes out. Especially if you will sell me one to go with the v2 Legendary Doom Armour I am trying to get finished at the mo.

Ham out.

Mr.Spider

Sr Member
Wait...... so it's a pull from a mold itself ? So it's a casting. And your molding it...... why ? To make copies ? Are you casting this for personal use, or to sell to people ?

Either we aren't getting the whole story or this is recasting. Right ?

Wes R

Legendary Member
....which movie?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

From the terrible Fantasic Four movie Roger Coreman filmed but never had officially released, it's online though. Oddly enough i like that mask better than the big budget movie masks.

Vandark

Sr Member
Wait...... so it's a pull from a mold itself ? So it's a casting. And your molding it...... why ? To make copies ? Are you casting this for personal use, or to sell to people ?

Either we aren't getting the whole story or this is recasting. Right ?
am I doing something wrong? ok, I've had another look at the forum rules. I'm still not really clear on whether this is wrong or not to be honest.

as far as I am aware, this mask isn't another members work.

let me know.

Last edited:

Vandark

Sr Member
this was a production made item.

i only really started this thread to document the progress of my limited skills in making a proper wearable version. I've never done molds, casts, finishing etc. before.

I've had the thing sitting in my collection for about ten years gathering dust! and I finally thought I'd get off my ass and try and do something with it! learn some new skills.

hope the helps?

Vandark

Sr Member
...as in the actual production master? The one they molded for the "movie" mask?
possible. could it be the foam master?

it's made from a rigid foam like material. if you scrape the back it kind of crumbles, plus is seems to be seeping a weird brown goo in places as it gets older.

Last edited:

Vandark

Sr Member
....which movie?
it's from the 1994 Fantastic Four movie that was never intended for release.

and Yeh, the movie was bad by today's standards..... but the Doctor Doom costume was actually pretty good!

Last edited:

HammyDribbler

I have to get my hands on this films :) How did you acquire the mold? How did I not acquire the mold ;)

Really looking forward to see how this turns out. Take lots of process pics as the casting side of things is something I really want to start looking at.

Ham out!

ahoudini

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Count me in for purchasing a casting if that is the route you go. I love this version of his mask!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk