Doogie Howser M.D. Reboot

Just in case you were clamoring for the sacred days of Doogie Howser M.D. here is the modern reboot to help cheer you up.

I'm trying to keep in mind the whole idea that Keith Coogan mentioned at Iconicon that studios must exercise their IP rights by a certain time before those rights revert back to the original writers, but it just makes me laugh that THIS is what they're clinging to. I watched the original show as a kid but I couldn't attempt to revisit it because the idea is so painfully corny. This looks just as bad.

If you want a good laugh, check out this trailer.

And….we are officially now scraping the bottom of the barrel of things to reboot.

Hollywood, please, just stop.

2020’s style reboots are just comical at this point.

Someone needs to make a satirical movie called The Reboot that rolls all of the tropes of the currently creatively bankrupt Hollywood system into one movie, at this point. Something like the old Hot Shots movies take on 1980’s / 1990’s action movie tropes.

BTW, did I miss something in the cultural zeitgeist regarding a public outcry, or demand, for the return of “The Doog”?

Was it anyone other than the guy that played “The Doog’s Pal Vinnie” (I get it, a man has got to work)?

C513140C-0AAF-4901-9F68-12BE52AEA6B2.jpeg

Are all of you “Doogie Cosplayers” responsible for this???

AAA34F71-6964-439F-9D02-BE347CFECBCE.jpeg

Last edited:
It just feels like desperation at this point with certain stories. Take a mediocre show from the 1980's, gender swap it and suddenly it'll be a hit, right?

I mean the concept is as goofball as they come. Is Disney that desperate to try and cash in on such an average property? I don't get it. Some things should just be left to history. Doogie Howser is one of them. :lol:

Well, Disney recently got a great run out of Girl Meets World, so...

apparently there was news of a new alien colony that Alf could move to, and it ended with a "to be continued" card.

Then the network canceled the show after that final episode aired; so not continuation ever came.
.....then years later in 1996 they mad made a 2 hour TV movie "Project Alf" that continued the story.... basically threw away the Tanner family being in the witness protection program but moved to the frozen ends of the Earth.

...but never fear! Alf returned briefly in the 2014 Superbowl Radioshack commercial!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back