Done / Completed Done

Re: Captain America TWS/TFA Helmet 3D Print **Taking payment on TFA****

Ok so here is a finished...very quickly finished TFA/Smithsonian helmet :) I know the chin cup is a bit to the right...but is 5am..and I haven't slept :p

View attachment 333106 View attachment 333107

Is it OK if I say that I'm really kicking myself now for not getting in on this run when I could ?
I couldn't convince myself to put more money to get another Cap helmet but damn does it look beautiful !

Re: Captain America TWS/TFA Helmet 3D Print **Taking payment on TFA****

Thanks I'm happy with the results..this one had a few challenges for sure :p

Is it OK if I say that I'm really kicking myself now for not getting in on this run when I could ?
I couldn't convince myself to put more money to get another Cap helmet but damn does it look beautiful !

Re: Captain America TWS/TFA Helmet 3D Print ***Finished TFA/Smithsonian #595***

As promised here's a quick/bad pic of my S.T.R.I.K.E. Helmet along with other Cap props:

289352P1010973.jpg

It looks bluer in the picture than it does in real life. Actual color is closer to a muted navy blue.

Re: Captain America TWS/TFA Helmet 3D Print **Taking deposits for 2nd run**

I used Montana Gold spray paint as a base on this helmet (WS) and it worked great, no cracks. Only issue for me is that it is more glossy looking than I want it, so I am still looking for a matte coating that I can put on it to dull it down.

Grey matter, I've heard that using an aerosol hairspray will dull it down. I've never tried, so paint something else with the paint you used & try the hairspray over that.

OK last day for payments on the TFA/Smithsonian run. Will be ordering supplies this weekend :)

Got my helmet today!!!! It is FREAKIN' AWESOME!!! FANTASTIC JOB BG!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you have a spot for one more finished TFA please?

Thanks I'm glad you like it :) pics are always welcome :)
Got my helmet today!!!! It is FREAKIN' AWESOME!!! FANTASTIC JOB BG!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks got it :) and with that I can start the work on the run..leathers getting cut and taken to the seamstress this week..
Got my payment in!

PM sent..
Do you have a spot for one more finished TFA please?

Payment sent for Finished TFA / Smithsonian.

Thanks for squeezing me in!

No Problem
Payment sent for Finished TFA / Smithsonian.

Thanks for squeezing me in!

First 10 sets of leathers went to the seamstress today..next week sometime I should get them back to assemble and dye :)

Any news on the second run of winter soldier helmets? :)

Just got mine, absolutely amazing! Hurry up and get you some of that!

I'll be asking for payment on the second run once I finish up the TFA/Smithsonian helmets..at least the raw casts..working on them now :)
Any news on the second run of winter soldier helmets? :)

Thanks I'm glad you like it :)
Just got mine, absolutely amazing! Hurry up and get you some of that!

Ok all the deposits and payments are closed for these helmets. I will take payments on the 2nd run of the WS helmets as soon as I can.. but supplies for leather etc... are all here and being worked on..no extra sets of leathers or anything..

So those people who are interested can post and I will start a new list for 2nd and 3rd runs of the TFA/WS helmets..if there is enough interest I will make more :)

Hi Giggeek, I am interested in a TFA helmet. Hope there will be enough interest.

I was searching the thread for this answer but I didn't see it.
I understand you use an acrylic ink with an airbrush... is that correct?
I was trying to use a spray paint to paint mine, but I'm afraid I'm going to ruin it... any suggestions?
I don't own an air brush, nor have I ever used one. Are there any spray paints that are the right colors and won't just flake off?
Thanks for the help.
hey, a bit late for this response, but I got this helmet and hit it with some adhesion promoter, and the spraypaint seems to stay on quite well. I masked it off using frog tape, and I'm pretty happy with the results.

I would def be interested in a raw WS helmet I can provide straps etc if it will speed up obtaining one

thanks

Vinman

Thats one for the next run :)
Hi Giggeek, I am interested in a TFA helmet. Hope there will be enough interest.

Thanks for adding this. What do you mask off? I use an airbrush and a couple paint brushes..no masking :p
hey, a bit late for this response, but I got this helmet and hit it with some adhesion promoter, and the spraypaint seems to stay on quite well. I masked it off using frog tape, and I'm pretty happy with the results.

I would have to start a list for a 3rd run of the WS helmets..second run will be starting in July.. A 3rd run if there is interest..Aug maybe?
I would def be interested in a raw WS helmet I can provide straps etc if it will speed up obtaining one

thanks

Vinman

thanks

Vinman

I just masked off the areas that were lighter, as I found a nice dark blue spraypaint. Also, around the silver parts.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back