Doming Paper for stickers/labels.

Jasper hams

Hi All,

I'm making some replica Nuka Cola bottles from Fallout 4 and i'm having trouble with the labels on the front.

20151221_174343-1.jpg

20151221_174349-1.jpg

the bottle it's self where the label goes is a convex shape and i was wondering whether they was a method of warping paper that would allow it to fit that surface. As you can see currently the paper creates.

Any Ideas?

Thanks

for something that small you would think that you could get the center placed and burnish your way out left and then right. hope it goes well. the bottles and soda look great.

Thanks, I'm really happy with how the bottles turned out. There's some bubbles in the resin but that actually makes

That's what i thought as well. I even tried wetting and steaming the paper but it still tends to crease. So far though i was using self adhesive paper so maybe that's a factor.

I remember trying to make Christmas ornaments out of round balls. For the most part, this isn't possible. Unless someone knows something more and can chime in. A full label wrap that's shrinkable may be more plausible.

Going back and looking isn't that a flat portion on the bottle to allow for placement of the logo?

For something like this I would probably say something like a printed waterslide decal. You can get decal paper that you can just print to directly from an inkjet printer like this here:

http://www.amazon.com/White-Clear-D..._UL160_SR160,160_&refRID=0EZVWXWKGS2DXNKYRAHA

Im sure that there are also services that would be able to custom print them for you as well.

Once you are ready to apply the decal, you can use a decal softener and setting solution. The softener will, well, soften the decal; letting you slowly smooth it on to the curved surface without having to cut anything.

I have a vector art version of the label I made for my Nuka Cola pistol design.
As I posted on Reddit, please share some tips on the making of the bottle, as I want to complete my functional Nuka Cola pistol design.

------
From my earlier posts:

Lilykill did the base model, I remodeled it to be more like a manufactured product.
The glass tube shown is actually a 18x150mm test tube. So for anyone making one, there's something you can use.

I tweaked the bottle model, keeping your overall shape, but tweaked the fins, and the nuka cola cutout. The CAD model actually has a separate liquid part inside.
I have uploaded the source files for anyone wanting them. Note: My model is not tweaked for 3D printing, it was made for the render.
(Design files are released under Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International)

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back