Does platinum curing silicone and epoxy resin go off after 3 months

Generally speaking, Platinum Silicones have about a six month shelf life from the manufacturer. Now I've had silicone go bad in 2 months, and silicone last for two years. All you can do really do is mix up a small batch and test it.

As for Epoxy, I have never had epoxy go bad when kept in proper conditions.. room temp, no sunlight, etc. You may run into crystallization of the epoxy and the hardener will darken, but it should still cure fine.

Generally speaking, Platinum Silicones have about a six month shelf life from the manufacturer. Now I've had silicone go bad in 2 months, and silicone last for two years. All you can do really do is mix up a small batch and test it.

As for Epoxy, I have never had epoxy go bad when kept in proper conditions.. room temp, no sunlight, etc. You may run into crystallization of the epoxy and the hardener will darken, but it should still cure fine.

Maybe the silicone that went bad after two months was probably fairly old from where you bought it

- - - Updated - - -

no, unless it is stored under bad conditions it should be fine.

Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

no, unless it is stored under bad conditions it should be fine.

What are bad conditions for resin and silicone?

Maybe the silicone that went bad after two months was probably fairly old from where you bought it.

I have gone through literally hundreds of gallons of silicone in my career. Some batches of silicone just aren't great.

I know it was 2 months old because I checked the lot number. If you check the number and call Reynolds they can tell you exactly when it was manufactured.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back