Does anyone recognize these parts.

andy19422

Sr Member
After my post last week about the Stargate Goa'uld wall lights getting some great replies that led to me finding and buying the correct parts:D I thought I would ask for more help. I am looking for the add on parts that are used on the top and sides of the SGU table lamp.

I have been searching for the nut things on the side, and have tried google for Castle nuts, different lock nuts, anti vibration nuts and lots of other things but had no luck. The top looks a bit like some kind of collet. I'm sure these parts were off the shelf items and if anyone can help I know it's you guys:D

Ive been trying to place those too. I agree, they were probably off the shelf items....but what? Of course 3D printing them would be a snap.

The tubes and fittings are cake. The only issue is finding the ones with the lines in the "B" nuts. That usually indicates special use like reverse threads, but heck even those could be added. This looks like a fun and straight forward prop to replicate.

they are brass 90 degree compression to either npt or straight thread fittings. Two sizes, the bigger at the bottom looks like 3/8" and the smaller uppers are 1/4" the best I can tell. The only hard part is finding ones with the same orientation of the radius on the back of the 90 degree part. The "legs" look like male compression fitting plugs (3/8")

Heres a money shot...

SGU lamp.JPG

After more hours on google I'm wondering if the side and top mystery parts are different sizes of the same thing. They look to be some kind of bearing lock nut which you need a special spanner for, and instead of the locking washer there is a groove so that a split pin can be used. the top part also has this groove.

They look like they are held on with just a plain old pop rivet. Somewhere I have a picture of the top "cansiter" In the side of it not visible in any of these photos, is what looks like a sheet metal cover plate like you d find to open to light a pilot light. There also seem to be two versions in the photos above. Some you can see through the top cover piece, between the two circular plates, the other appears solid there.

There were only six hero versions made from real parts, the others were made from foam thats why the more silver looking ones look so wonky:lol

They look like old natural gas line fittings to me. Had some in the old house I used to live in. That's just a guess though.

Could also be hydraulic fluid line.

Last edited:
i really hope you're in the midst of creating one of those lamps. on a side note, what gives on the bent up one? did one get destroyed in shipping or something? Since there were only 6 or so, having one all jacked up like that seems so very wrong. especially since this is one of my grail items. really hope you're making one andy as i know it will be amazing if you do. Cool thing is those decorations on the side there are common elements to a good number of sgu items. That part would help in creating the kino ball dispenser i've been pondering for a while. I've got the buttons and the kino ball, just needs some detail elements and it will be able to come together.

The wonky ones were made from foam and used as background. I have just seen a pic of the masters of these mystery parts, that I have spent days and days on google searching for. They were made from scratch on a 3D printer:facepalm:lol

that is good to hear. seeming that most of the stuff from sgu was printed via 3d printer not all that surprised. my stunt kino remote has the print lines still clearly visible on the sides. There are other stuff from there that was clearly 3d printed. but if you want something that is complicated and fits in with current elaborate technology in sci fi films, you have to go the 3d print route. i'd bet most of current sci fi movies and tv shows use 3d printing for most everything possible. Just makes sense. Hope you keep up with the lamp plan. that will be incredible. The clear lamp part looks like lexan or clear resin with led's on the ends to light up. like your dogbone light and the door crystals thing. They really liked that lighting method in the stargate series'

The wonky ones were made from foam and used as background. I have just seen a pic of the masters of these mystery parts, that I have spent days and days on google searching for. They were made from scratch on a 3D printer:facepalm:lol

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back