Does anyone make a decent set of replica Ahsoka sabers?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Costumes and Props' started by Endless Wonder, Jul 4, 2015.

1. Endless Wonder

Endless Wonder Sr Member

I've done a search and come up mostly empty. I don't like the eFx replica(or the price it cost to get one). I know Parks makes an okay one, and Nocturne Armory did the set of two at one point, but I believe he is no longer producing them. Honestly, I don't want electronics. Only care about the hilts.

I have only recently begun watching the Clone Wars and I'm just in love with her sabers. I never thought I could love a prequel era saber as much as an OT saber but it's actually happened :lol And I'm now on a mission to own them. Somebody help me out!

2. ARKM

ARKM Sr Member

I'm pretty sure you just covered all the known sources. You might be able to commission a sabersmith from here, Imperial Royal Arms or FX-Sabers to make you one though.

3. TheSteveRosario

TheSteveRosario New Member

Saber Forge just released the "Ka'Tano" which is basically her main saber but I don't know about the ordeal of getting it without electronics.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2015
  4. Jedifather

Jedifather Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

If resin is OK....I can help. ;)

Ahsoka Tano_sabers2.JPG

Tano saber%shoto.jpg

5. Endless Wonder

Endless Wonder Sr Member

I knew my search came up short, but I didn't realize there were actually so few sources. That's a little surprising. I look into having them commissioned, thanks :)

Just looked it up. It's not bad and only $150 for the electronics-less version, but I'm not a fan of the matte finish(one of the reasons why I don't like the eFx). I want it to shine! I may see if they can do it without the finish. Thanks for the link!

You know, I just might take you up on that. My ultimate goal is to have full metal replicas, but a set of resin place holders to play around with is hard to pass up :lol Those are beautiful castings!

6. Jedifather

I too, would love to have them in metal.

7. Mara Jade's Father

Mara Jade's Father Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Same here. I simply looking for static version for display. If not TCW set, then her Rebels set. Either way, I think I need Ahsoka represented in my saber collection in some way.

Luuke likes this.
  8. Endless Wonder

Endless Wonder Sr Member

Is there anyone out there that would be interested in doing a run of machined saberz? Please? LOL

9. halliwax

halliwax Legendary Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

i too just started watching clone wars. one saber looks green and the other looks yellow. is the smaller saber yellow? does anyone know why she still keeps her first saber?

10. Mara Jade's Father

The short lightsaber (aka shoto: I don't know if "shoto" is canon or not but I have heard it referred to as such) was a yellowish-green.

As far as I know, Jedi's keep their lightsabers and change them only when they need to replace them. I do not recall a canon example where a jedi replaced a lightsaber simply because they wanted to replace it. So when she decided to add the shoto, there was no need to replace the original lightsaber.

11. halliwax

halliwax Legendary Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

thank you, i was curious about the yellow

12. Jedifather

Maybe Korbanth would be interested in doing a run of them based on my resin castings.
    I have one of his Duke sabers and it's pretty sweet.

13. Mara Jade's Father

Korbanth would not be my personal first choice. That's not a knock of his work. Simply from what I have seen, he prefers to make his sabers "FX installation ready". So his pommels tend to have slits for the speaker and I would imagine very hollow in heft. So unless he would be willing to also design them as static, it would not be for me.

14. Jedifather

I have to agree there.

gobler likes this.
  15. Mara Jade's Father

My choice for builders would be Roman's Empire. He's one of the saber builders from waaaay back in the day and sentimental choice. His latest Obi A New Hope hilt is just amazing.

16. Gyurma

Gyurma Active Member

17. Luuke

Luuke Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

If someone has a set of accurate plans I can talk to my machine shop about just doing static hilts of each design.

18. Mara Jade's Father

19. Luuke

Thanks MJF. I'll start with that and see if anyone is willing to let me borrow their EFX piece I can use to measure with.

20. TameMorlev

TameMorlev New Member

I thought I had saw some on saberforge.

21. Mara Jade's Father

Already mentioned in 3rd post.

22. LTsmash1200

LTsmash1200 Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

23. 3 CELL PO

3 CELL PO Active Member

24. Jedifather

Thank you. :D

25. Luuke

I'm working on a number of sabers but I've got these on my list. I've already started the design and CNC specs. I may start an interest thread in January.

26. JaxAndTheMoon

JaxAndTheMoon Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Parks makes one called Dusara. Seems pretty nice

27. nakta gamat

nakta gamat New Member

Jedifather,

I'm interested in a resin set. Eventually perhaps I would like to look in to some with electronics and lights, but I've been watching Clone Wars with my kids and my oldest daughter really loves Ahsoka and so I want to get her a nice resin cast set for her birthday coming up. Any help would be great!