Does anyone here know much about flintlocks?

hydin

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I was hoping someone here knew about flintlock pistols, and could identify the make/model of one for me.

While the show has been cancelled, I really liked Forever and would like to own a replica of the flintlock you see in the show.

TnanXqs.png

This is one of the few things that I have literally no idea how to even really begin searching for, but any help is appreciated.

If it helps, the pistol is supposed to be about 200 years old, and possibly navy (was used by a ship captain).

Thanks in advance :)

Chris

Looks like it could be an Elliot Light Dragoon, but British Flintlock pistols all look pretty much the same to me.

Yea, that one is pretty close...

I'll try and grab some more shots later to see if we can narrow it down a bit more.

thanks guys :)

Chris

If the age of the firearm is true and indeed owned by a ship's captain, it may well be as others have said, but personalized by the captain. Rather like how owners of Harley-Davidson motorcycles personlize their machines? A ship's captain would have earned enough to do such a thing.

If you do a search for royal navy flintlock pistol you get a lot of pictures that are close to the gun and all quite similar, I think identifying the exact model might be quite difficult.

I would not have put it beneath the prop guys on the show to make it look a little different.

Some amazing leads though, thank you all :D

Chris

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back