Does anyone have pics of the MPC x-wing used in ROTJ

Anakin Starkiller

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hi guys,

I remember reading that some of the MPC/Etrl x-wing models were used in filming ROTJ as background models. Does anyone have any more info on this and hopefully some pictures of these specific models. To clarify, I'm not looking for X-Wing pics in general, just the MPC/Ertl models that were used during filming.

Thanks.

Any help is greatly apreciated.

Dan
DDStokes@aol.com

Hi Dan

I don't have any photos unfortunately, but I can tell you that at least one MPC/Ertl X-wing was used in Empire too.

I can't tell it apart from the other models used but Special Effects supervisor Brian Johnson told me that himself!

Jeremy

Thanks for the reply. If you come accross any other info please let me know. I've been wanting to build a studio scale x-wing for a while, but taking on the 1:24 version is beyond my budget right now. So I thought I might be able to use my MPC kit to replicate that version of the screen used model. Unfortunately I havn't been able to find any referances for this particular version of the x-wing. But I'll keep on looking.
icon_smile.gif

Dan

Well, if they used one in Empire, then my guess is that it's Luke's Red 5 - I can't remember seeing any other X-wings in Empire.

ROTJ could be anybody's guess.

This thread is more than 20 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back