Does anyone have advice where to buy materals at low cost?

I get my latex from The Monster Makers. I've used their RD-407 latex for casting masks and for building up the layers on my Mr. Incredible costume. They also have a lot of related supplies there, such as clay and tools for sculpting, Ultracal 30 for casting, and paints that work very well with their mask latex. I haven't shopped around to see if there are cheaper places to buy it. If you lived in or near Hollywood, I'm sure that ptgreek (a mod here and a special effects guru) could point out all the cool places.

If you're going to be making your own biohelmet, doing the molding and casting for that, then the best supplier I can recommend is Smooth-On, which has all sorts of supplies for making silicone molds (both brush-on and pourable silicone) and for making casts in a variety of plastics. You can usually find their stuff at art stores like Blick Art or another art store in your area. They have trial sizes and starter kits of their molding and casting materials available, so it's a great way to learn. Again, if you're into serious Hollywood special effects, someone like ptgreek could tell you where to find the fancier stuff.

I get my latex from The Monster Makers. I've used their RD-407 latex for casting masks and for building up the layers on my Mr. Incredible costume. They also have a lot of related supplies there, such as clay and tools for sculpting, Ultracal 30 for casting, and paints that work very well with their mask latex. I haven't shopped around to see if there are cheaper places to buy it. If you lived in or near Hollywood, I'm sure that ptgreek (a mod here and a special effects guru) could point out all the cool places.

If you're going to be making your own biohelmet, doing the molding and casting for that, then the best supplier I can recommend is Smooth-On, which has all sorts of supplies for making silicone molds (both brush-on and pourable silicone) and for making casts in a variety of plastics. You can usually find their stuff at art stores like Blick Art or another art store in your area. They have trial sizes and starter kits of their molding and casting materials available, so it's a great way to learn. Again, if you're into serious Hollywood special effects, someone like ptgreek could tell you where to find the fancier stuff.

Thanks
Im still trying to think of what to make my Predator look like

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back