Does anyone have a good source for Star Trek Pins/Badges/Communicators?

BlueSaber

My #1 priority is a really good TNG prop replica for the communicator. Something that's made from or actually left over from TNG production would be awesome.

Other than that I"d like to find pins like the TOS movie badges, Future Imperfect, Series finale badge etc. There used to be ads for these in the 90s but I was a kid so I couldn't buy them.

Thanks!

QMx make the next gen and voyager combadges they were based on production made molds.

TNG_Badge-1_988x988.jpg VoyagerBadge-2_988x988_6b820dae-d352-40e8-985e-dfc0c2de101f.jpg

Anovos make the TOS Patches and the movie captain and Rear Admiral Rank Pins

Star Trek Delta Patchs.jpgtwok-rank-captain_grande.png twok-rank-rear-adm_grande.png

for the future imperfect and all good things combadge you have to hit ebay for the hollywood pins versions.

s-l500.jpg 2.jpg

roddenberry.com make the movie star fleet badge.

cos006.png

Last edited:
Thanks both of you!

The Roddenberry version of TNG badge looks to be absolutely the closest thing possible, correct?

For the others like Future Imperfect/All Good Things/Voyager, does anyone know of a source for resin (non shiny) versions? Preferably inexpensive and even unpainted?

I remember seeing a lot of pins at conventions and in ads in magazines - were these all made by the same company?

The Rod comms were cast off a screen-used or production made one so they are exactly like what was used on the show.

www.xscapesprops.com also has some as well.

The ones sold at the Cons in the 90's were from all over the place, Hollywood pins had the license for awhile and those soon got bootlegged

Thanks. So I know this is being nerdy but are the Roddenberry ones made using the actual mold from the show, OR did they take a screeb used communicator and make a mold of it? If so, does that affect the accuracy?

I forgot what they did but it is the same size of my screen-used comms so they are accurate

Roddenberry's combadges are the best you can get. As Apollo said they're super accurate, and are at least cast from screen used pieces and finished in the same manner, though I don't think they're using original molds.

The QMX badges are too heavy, too shiny, and the TNG one isn't painted correctly.

How accurate is the one here

https://shop.roddenberry.com/collec...n-officer-jacket-insignia?variant=20412495174

for WoK, UC etc. Is it a perfect replica?

As breen2057 mentioned, that pin is made by the same foundry that made them for the movies, and from what I understand, using the same molds. The cream color on the bar is more accurate to the color from the later movies (earlier were closer to white).

Yes, the Roddenberry combadges are the most accurate replicas you can buy.
That includes the TWOK. It has very accurate color and two-piece construction like the originals.
The TWOK has a pin back which I would personally recommend cutting off and replacing with velcro.

Is it true they were originally a two piece? In Generations, the back oval is upside down. How were they attached in movies?

Yes. Someone in the costume department made a mistake and put them together wrong for Generations.

Here is an auction photo of a badge that was made for one of the movies. You can see the back construction.
Looks like epoxy of some kind. It is modified to hold up better on the Roddenberry replica, with small nut/bolt type attachments.

22510860_2.jpg

Very clearly upside-down backing in the closest shot of one of these from any of the films:

gen1073.jpg

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back