Does anybody know the dimensions of the individual Sabacc cards?

thegnome

Sr Member
I am going to make the cards to be better than the ones you can buy from Disney or from Etsy/eBay because they have their disadvantages. The ones from Disney are too flimsy to be played with for a long time, and the others are semi-transparent. Thanks for the help in advance.

The one set I have from the last run here is 4.25 inches tall and 2.75 inches wide, from the widest points. I would really LOVE a good quality set of these cards. I have tried to order them twice from the etsy seller in Australia, but both times had to dispute it as they NEVER ship. A good linen card, or even playing card quality is what I really want. Even the set that I got from here is just another cardboard deck that won't hold up over the long run. Heck, I was playing sabacc with a friend and his 3 year old got ahold of one of them and now it's bent and torn, like my soul afterward.

The one set I have from the last run here is 4.25 inches tall and 2.75 inches wide, from the widest points. I would really LOVE a good quality set of these cards. I have tried to order them twice from the etsy seller in Australia, but both times had to dispute it as they NEVER ship. A good linen card, or even playing card quality is what I really want. Even the set that I got from here is just another cardboard deck that won't hold up over the long run. Heck, I was playing sabacc with a friend and his 3 year old got ahold of one of them and now it's bent and torn, like my soul afterward.

I’m on the exact same boat. All the runs so far have just been cardboard. Playing card quality Sabacc cards are definitely on my wishlist for someone to make.

NakedMoleRat how wide is it at the top? And is this the correct one? I spent about three hours scouring the internet and this is what I found.
8pjjzkmzcxi4nc3zg.jpg

This is going to be the template if I can not find anything more precise.

This array of cards is from the movie Solo and from the version called Corellian Spike with 62 cards. This uses two six-sided dice. If you want I can put in the grey dice from Solo into it. This is not the original version of Sabacc nor is it the same cards. It's kind of like the different versions of Monopoly or something to that manner with the original cards looking like the generic cards that we have here on Earth but with different symbols. The original version has 76 cards. That is just kind of an for your information on this topic.

Alrighty! elr02k How about you? Grey dice? Yes, no, perhaps?

Hell, why not! I have the golden ones from solo but they’re on a chain on my car mirror. So are you planning on making this into a run? I think a lot of people might be interested in something like this, especially if you make them playing card quality with a good weathering job and a cool box.

Which one do you think looks best? I know some dice makers. The symbols in the movies are actually engraved into the dice. That would be a slight problem with the accuracy of the game but... I could paint it if you do not want to have unequal odds when playing the game. It really doesn't matter that much because they only work when the same symbol is on both dice.

Attachments

• star-wars,-sabacc-die,-dice,-d6-by-zapwizard.jpeg
    star-wars,-sabacc-die,-dice,-d6-by-zapwizard.jpeg
    4.6 KB · Views: 355
  • sabacc-dice-(solo-039-s-dice)-by-snuffypot11.jpeg
    sabacc-dice-(solo-039-s-dice)-by-snuffypot11.jpeg
    4.5 KB · Views: 346
  • 3d-printable-model-han-solo-lucky-dice-.jpeg
    3d-printable-model-han-solo-lucky-dice-.jpeg
    4.1 KB · Views: 371
Last edited:
Which one do you think looks best? I know some dice makers. The symbols in the movies are actually engraved into the dice. That would be a slight problem with the accuracy of the game but... I could paint it if you do not want to have unequal odds when playing the game. It really doesn't matter that much because they only work when the same symbol is on both dice.

Dang it! Those dice are nicer than mine. I like the second choice.

The second choice are definitely more unique, but as long as the symbols are accurate I’m fine with whichever.

The box above is what I was thinking. Wood might be hard to mass produce depending on how many people would sign up for this run, but it would be a really nice touch. I also love the weathering on the cards above. They make them look very natural and realistic. Which run is that from?

And a SMALL sample of some cold cast credits I’ve made. I‘ve also made some in brass and many, many other credits. So you can see, what I need is that awesome deck of cards.

View attachment 1087991

Very beautiful. Are the masters made from 3D printing? If so where did you get the files? I would love to try my hand at making some.

Also is there a build thread for that box? Excellent work there as well!

Some of the coins I bought from a seller on eBay and made copies for myself. A couple of them I bought from Shapeways and did the same thing. And of course the Disneyland coin from galaxies edge.

I never did a build thread on the box. It was made from basswood, and I literally just cut and glued it together one night while watching TV.

The cards are from the last run here from the junkyard. My main problem with them is that they are just cardboard, and the weathering is the exact same pattern for every single card. It doesn’t make them used looking as much as it does mass produced looking.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back