Doctor's severed hand container from Doctor Who/Torchwood

Apparently I got crayon wax and homemade candle gel mixed up in my head.

Still not a good idea to use anything remotely flammable in a display build though, especially if there is going to be something there that has the slightest chance of kicking off a spark.

Chris

Still not a good idea to use anything remotely flammable in a display build though, especially if there is going to be something there that has the slightest chance of kicking off a spark.

Chris

Then you could just say that the hand is regenerating... :D:lol

What you have there is a desktop fish tank. You can buy a small battery-operated air pump at the pet store, an "air stone" and a length of tubing. Put the air stone under the perforated platform, hook up your pump and tubing, and you should have nice bubbling (that's if you're using water!).

As for suspending the hand, a bit of monofilament as O.B suggested, or perhaps a clear plexi rod in the bottom platform (it should pretty much disappear in water.

I constructed the box a little differently to help with stability. I made a score around the base so the construction would look similar.

Okay! Not sure how to change the post title, but - BUILD COMPLETE!

I went with water, and used a battery pump to pump bubbles around the hand, and there's a light in the base that I can turn off and on. It's not 100% perfect, like some of the builds here (don't have the right handle) but I can live with it. This sucker is heavy once the water is inside. Captain Jack must be quite a man to carry that sucker around in a backpack.

Here's a photo of the "Doctor Detector" in the world. As luck would have it, the Halloween party I was going to decided to have a Doctor Who theme. This fellow was dressed as Yana.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back