Doctor Who Season 9 trailer

Mclabop

Lots of good stuff in that trailer, even a pretty good analysis on this page. There's a new alien in what looks like a cross between armor and a welding mask. Anyone have any info on them? Image below.

2015-07-24_8-08-33.jpg
doctor-who.jpg
new who monster banner.jpg

Last edited:
Found some info that suggested they're a new monster and show up in a Viking episode. Apparently they will have large guns/rifles.

I have to say, I'm really just...not that excited about the show at this point. I love Capaldi as the Doctor, but I find Moffat's running of the show to have been "uneven" at best, and generally fairly poor. I forgave many of the problems last season with the belief that we were headed in a particular direction (where Clara has to choose between real life and jetting around with the Doctor and faces the consequences of her choice), but to then have her decide to stay after the Christmas special...ugh. I just have very little faith in Moffat as a showrunner anymore. I think he's good at coming up with cool concepts for an individual episode, but he lacks the ability to structure an entire season as a coherent whole, and tries too hard to build season arcs through end-of-episode hints at something "big" which inevitably ends up disappointing.

To be honest, I'm not sure I'm gonna watch the show live this season. I'll likely catch up on episodes a couple of weeks after they air, but I'm not sure I'll stick it out if I get the sense he's "Moffating" things up again.

I agree that it would have been an emotionally satisfying conclusion if Clara had really got old and the character had left, but I can understand why the actress would want to stay.
Moffat needs to either go, or let someone else be in charge, his 'grand plans' and huge twists just aren't working anymore. Petition to get RTD back for at least one episode?

I'm very excited about the new series, and based on what I've seen and heard, I think it will be one of the best series yet. I love the dark tone of the trailer, the scenes we've seen being filmed, and most of all: The Doctor's new costumes. Doctor Who is better than ever in my opinion. I can't wait! :)

Yep, lots of interesting ideas that no doubt will not live up to their potential. I was actually kind of with the trailer until the immortal line "I'm the Doctor...and I SAVE PEOPLE!" hit.

Bleeeccch.

There used to be a really, really long thread on the New Doctor Who starting from when Roger Davies revived the show, I have not looked for it in a little while, and I took the time to read through all of it about 2 years ago. I was simply amazed at all of the people who complained about how bad Davies was and that they should get rid of him and then to read the same people saying how bad Moffat was and they really missed Davies.

Food for thought.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back