Doctor Who Season 7 outfit

The last bow tie on that page at least got the design similar, but it's printed instead of embroidered. That coat fabric print looks pretty bad though. Low resolution, the colors are all distorted, and trying to make a tailored coat out of any of the cottons available from spoonflower would just look awful.

Apparently, the actual material used in the new coat is an Italian Cashmere Wool, that costs about £300/meter. Assuming you'd need about 4 meters to make the coat, you're looking at about $2400 for the original.

A little bit less actually, the conversion works out to $405 per meter, and you need two meters to make the coat. It's the softest fabric I've ever felt, I'd do it in an instant for half that price.

With a price like that you'd hope it's the softest you'd ever felt, do you know the name of it though? and has anyone got anything on the waistcoat?

Not to count on this, but isn't Abbyshot looking at doing one? Their moleskin looked rather good for the green eleven coat. Even if it needs pulling apart and re-tailoring, it might be another good fabric source.

If Abbyshot gets the fabric right, so would I. And it probably would need to be ripped apart and out back together right, but it would be worth it compared to the fabric price.

Sorry, my conversion was a bit off. The most recent conversion I found put it at $460.44 USD. Unless you're VERY tiny, there is no way 2 meters is going to be enough fabric for that coat. The one replica I've seen, made from the original wool, used 4 meters. So, even then, you're looking at $1,841.76.

I don't know who cut that thing, but the guy I know who had his made by another guy I know only bought 2 meters, and the second guy said there were substantial scraps left over.

And the first guy is quite tall.

The last bow tie on that page at least got the design similar, but it's printed instead of embroidered. That coat fabric print looks pretty bad though. Low resolution, the colors are all distorted, and trying to make a tailored coat out of any of the cottons available from spoonflower would just look awful.

Agreed. Don't even waste your time.

Sorry, my conversion was a bit off. The most recent conversion I found put it at $460.44 USD. Unless you're VERY tiny, there is no way 2 meters is going to be enough fabric for that coat. The one replica I've seen, made from the original wool, used 4 meters. So, even then, you're looking at $1,841.76.

I've done one, and am working on a second. The first was only 3 yards and i made it work. It helps that the fabric is very wide and has no directional sheen.

If the first guy was me - I bought 3 meters.

Obviously, how much fabric is required is 100% down to your size.

Also, the length only adds a couple of inches. It's less of an issue than if you were, say a size 46 suit.

Do we know anything on the waistcoat/buttons for it?

They only exist on the cuffs of the jacket. And the waistcoat seems to be changing up.

Oh, I guess Chris was off on that then.

Did I say two? I probably mixed it up with the shetland...

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back