Doctor Who "Rings of Akhaten" programme..

Hi.

Well, you've got the envelopes, but I think it would be easier to just print the image on papyrus paper, and fold it into an envelope. You can always use found ev. for guidance.

Great project!

Thanks, but I think if I used actual papyrus paper it look almost too textured, plus I don't think it'd go through my home printer all too well. I did find some reference for parchment paper but that pattern dosen't look quite right either. It'd be nice to just find some paper with the papyrus pattern already printed on it.

I've been following this thread and hope you don't mind a friendly suggestion.

If you get the image from Gibbtall laid out in this configuration, when you print it and fold it it matches the prop fairly close..
Rings Programme.JPG

I printed it on my colour printer and folded it up to look like this...
IMG_0593.JPG

The images on the side when folded should form a complete image on the back like this.
IMG_0595.JPG IMG_0594.JPG

I have to darken the background on my version and add more texture, what do you think?

Edward

That looks really awesome! I'm honestly a novice when it comes to photo-editing and lack the proper software/know-how for it. Here's the background I found I thought would go well with it.

papyrus2_zps0afac974.jpg

I was considering just taking the image & envelopes to a office store and having them printed there but you have a good thing there NTBBCPD!

That looks really awesome! I'm honestly a novice when it comes to photo-editing and lack the proper software/know-how for it. Here's the background I found I thought would go well with it.

http://i1247.photobucket.com/albums/gg629/TimeyWhimyStuff/papyrus2_zps0afac974.jpg

I was considering just taking the image & envelopes to a office store and having them printed there but you have a good thing there NTBBCPD!

Thanks,

I've added your image to the file.

Rings Programme 1.JPG

A real group effort, Image by Gibbtall, Background by TimeyWhimyStuff and layout by me.

We could still tweek it a bit, but this would look good on Party invites for sure!

Ed

A real group effort, Image by Gibbtall, Background by TimeyWhimyStuff and layout by me.

We could still tweek it a bit, but this would look good on Party invites for sure!

Ed

That looks great! Yeah, the borders on the actual screenshot are a touch darker, but all in all I'm super happy. I'll have to go to the office store & get some heavier printer paper. Big thanks for everyone's help!

I wonder if something like THIS would work for the paper itself. Egyptian style papyrus

I think real Papyrus would be too brittle to fold in this way.

There are sites that show how to make papyrus sheets with corn husks... I wouldn't want to run them through my printer though:D

Ed

Great work everyone! I'm revisiting this thread as I'm only just playing catch up and watching Series 7. And I've managed to put two and two together and figure out what is INSIDE the "envelope"! Inside an issue of Doctor Who Adventures (the only one I've ever bought) there's a page on the behind the scenes of the episode "Journey to the Centre of the Tardis". It shows two paper props from that episode on it. Only, one of them isn't in the episode, and has nothiong to do with the Time War. I realised what I was looking at is this "envelope", but the inside of it, once it's all been unfolded! Sadly, it's a very small picture in the magazine, but it would make a pretty decent guide for someone with great graphics skills (hint, hint....).

AkhatenRingsInside.jpg

The images on it seem to be the planet symbol (created already in this thread), outside view of the pyramid, floorplan of the pyramid chamber, and the symbols that decorate the walls and dias within the temple - seen here BBC One - Doctor Who, Series 7 Part 2, The Rings Of Akhaten , Production Artwork for The Rings of Akhaten .

Last edited:
I've had a go at recreating this envelope with a design on the inside "inspired" by the image Howlrunner found.

Rings of Akhaten Envelope.png

It can be found in the Replica Paper Props section - here

Peter

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back