Doctor Who Companion spoilers

rollerboi

Sr Member
Um. WTF? That's all I've got to say. While I think the actress is stunningly gorgeous, with beautiful red hair, if this Sun article has any shred of validity, I, uh.. will be tuned in, definitely.

However, this just doesn't seem a right direction for the Doctor Who franchise to be going. It's a cheap demographics ploy in both instances, it's shaping up as.

Dont believe anything the Sun reports! EVER!

Megan Fox= Catwoman
Eddie Murphy= Riddler

Both rumours were started by them, im not joking they actually make stories up!

No policewoman wears a skirt that short, so it's probably true. Had been wondering how that was going to pan out since I first saw pics of her in the 'uniform'.

Oh man...I dunno...don't we have Torchwood for the racey stuff??? Leave the doctor alone. I don't think it needs to be "spiced-up" at all. :unsure

Oh man...I dunno...don't we have Torchwood for the racey stuff??? Leave the doctor alone. I don't think it needs to be "spiced-up" at all. :unsure

Well sadly with the younger doctor and the new companion they are aiming for the teenage (young adult) demographic... Rose was a big 'sex' hit when she was on the series I'm sure they didn't forget that...

It's about drawing in a bigger audience and making more money and 'sex' has and will almost certainly always be a big sell...

Torchwood is primarily adult programing, that is why it's broadcast unedited at night and a family friendly edited version during family time... Aimed at a different demographic...

The BBC is trying to cover all demographics with the franchise to optimize profits...

K9 = children
Sarah Jane = children/teens
Doctor Who = teens/young adults
Torchwood = adults

I don't have a problem with it. First truly attractive companion IMO and we already know there isn't going to be any kind of weirdness there on account of River Song still being around and Matt Smith being so hard to look at.

QFT

Nyssa was my first companion crush....

back in the day Sarah Jane was a hottie

and Martha was and still is gorgeous

I don't disagree with any of this.. I was watching The Hand of Fear last night and thinking that Sarah Jane was hot back in the day :love

I don't disagree with any of this.. I was watching The Hand of Fear last night and thinking that Sarah Jane was hot back in the day :love

I agree with you fully, but that damn jumpsuit had to go.

image010.jpg

I haven't seen much of the classic series outside of Tom Baker, but Sarah Jane's scream capped out so much I hated her within the first 10 minutes. Any other comments I could make would be personal preference, so I'll keep them to myself. I'll just rephrase the statement: "Most attractive companion thus far IMO..."

Well, I'm going to have to take the cliche guy road here... she's hot. Probably the hottest companion in my mind. So if they want her in short little skirts being naughty... I'm not saying no.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back