Doctor Who: Classic Series Morbius Monster Build Diary

manofsteel25

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
So for Gally 2011 my friend Paul Salamoff and I decided the classic Who Rogues gallery needed more support and wisely (or possibly foolishly) aimed to tackle creating the Morbus Monster!

The aim was pretty basic - build it out of foam, then mount it, cover/texture in latex, paint it and add Claw/HeadBrain/Dome parts as required from anything we could find.

We're nearly done now but here's the step by step of how we've been doing it.

Part I here: honorarydoctor - The Morbius Build Diary Pt. 1 : Supply Prologue

10134935_975ee87d0f.jpg

Sorry guys. I planned to post the final part of the Diary tonight or tomorrow morning. Tons of last minute work went into this but I simply don't have the energy and time right now. These two projects plus quadruple the Masquerade load and the usual planning of the Gally panels, Hall, various costumes and typical con stuff has just beat me down.

I promise the conclusions wrap ups early next week along with the full Gally report!

Wish I had of been there! I will have to travel to next years convention for sure. Just not the right timing for me this year. Next year I want to hit as many conventions as possible.

I'm finally gathering my pics and thoughts after getting lots of sleep post the exhuastive good times that make up Gallifrey one last weekend... but the costume was a big hit and we won best workmansip and best presentation for Master Class at the Masque.

Here's a completed photo:

166927_2991590583068_1061247002_32487979_518783635_n.jpg

I'll have the final blog entry up momentarily and I'll post a few more finished pictures soon.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back