Doc is looking old!

Yeah, I saw him at the Chicago comic convention recently and he looked like a high school auto shop teacher - complete with greasy hair, a beer belly and the shirt that doesn't quite cover it.

I think he looks great in that ad. As far as getting old, look at how long ago those films were made. That guy looks great for his age.
121Gigawatts.jpg

Last edited:
Ironically,...when I see him as Doc now, he looks like a much older Doc (not that I ever want him to stop), but I met him in November (2010) - For when this post gets really old - and I thought he looked great. It might be that we're just used to seeing the character a certain way, with a certain amount of weight around his neck and face that gave him a younger appearance.

He still looks better now than he looked as 1985 Doc in the original Back to the Future.

"25 years into the future" That's cool to see 1985 Doc wandering and exploring our time of today if the bad guys never showed up. I'm guessing this is a part of the alternate reality where Doc does travel 25 years forward in his initial attempt. Awesome!!

Edit: actually 26, they shoulda started these last year!

My question is why would Doc have driven the TIme Machine to Argentina?

Since the Time Machine can only travel through time and NOT space, Doc would have had to left the past in the same place but different time.

And, YES...I am a nerd.

My question is why would Doc have driven the TIme Machine to Argentina?

Since the Time Machine can only travel through time and NOT space, Doc would have had to left the past in the same place but different time.

And, YES...I am a nerd.

Wait... it could be that he travelled to the same day in 2011 that he left in 1985 - you know, say he left on 8-25-85 and travelled to 8-25-11.

Since the Earth's orbit isn't perfect... maybe Argentina currently occupies the same place that Twin Pines Mall (or Lone Pine Mall) occupied in 1985.

As you say... travels through time, not space.

Since the Earth's orbit isn't perfect... maybe Argentina currently occupies the same place that Twin Pines Mall (or Lone Pine Mall) occupied in 1985.

As you say... travels through time, not space.

If you want to nerd it up...our whole solar system is moving through space, so any time traveler would appear in deep space and die in a few seconds.

Only the TARDIS does it right. Time And Relative Dimensions In Space.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back