Question "Do you want to leave the page" pops up when replying (should be resolved)

Sluis Van Shipyards

Legendary Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Ok weird problem I've been experiencing in the last few days. A few times when I tried to reply to a message and click reply it will ask me if I want to leave the page or stay. It will post the message, but send me to a page with my post open like I'm still typing and say I tried posting a duplicate post. It usually does that when you type something, but decide not to post and hit back or something, but never when replying. It still posts, but that comes up. I don't know if it's a problem with the new Firefox or what.

Re: "Do you want to leave the page" pops up when replying

Ok weird problem I've been experiencing in the last few days. A few times when I tried to reply to a message and click reply it will ask me if I want to leave the page or stay. It will post the message, but send me to a page with my post open like I'm still typing and say I tried posting a duplicate post. It usually does that when you type something, but decide not to post and hit back or something, but never when replying. It still posts, but that comes up. I don't know if it's a problem with the new Firefox or what.

I have had the same exact problem. I am also using Fire Fox

Happening to me on Safari. If you select "stay on page" it takes you back to your post in the edit window, so one figures it didn't post and you click the button...only to find out you've just created a double post. I've seen a lot of double posts lately.

Also, for at least a couple of weeks, for some reason I have to click the back button twice to back out of a thread. Safari on a Mac and Firefox on PCs.

We are looking into it.

We are working on this issue now. If you have the issue AFTER this posting, please let me know.

We are working on this issue now. If you have the issue AFTER this posting, please let me know.

I had it a few mins ago. Never had it until then.

- - - Updated - - -

And replying to this ;)

I'm having the problem today with the "Leave or stay on page' options appearing. I'm using Firefox browser. Seems to be a refresh issue of sorts. I've been clicking the 'Leave page' choice and it wants to move on, but I then have my post with an 'updated' area with a copy of my post appearing at the bottom.
Regards, Robert

PS: didn't just happen with this post; I'm using the 'Quick Post' feature, but it may be related to using the 'quote' function as my priors with the problem were all 'quotes' whereas this one was not a quote.

UPDATE: Seems to happen when I use the Quote feature for sure; just repeated the problem in another thread by clicking 'Quote' - hope this helps!

Last edited:

Yup. Happened a few hours ago.

- - - Updated - - -

Yup. Happened a few hours ago.

..... and just now too.

It has happened to me every post yesterday and every post today. (Using Chrome on Mac)

Just happened to me. I went back and edited my post so it was duplicated.

Has been happening to me too, and just occured just now as well:

"The following errors occurred with your submission
  • This post is a duplicate of a post that you have posted in the last five minutes"

Still happening. seems like a few double posting's are following the glitch as well...

I just had it happen with my last post. I'm running firefox too.

Thanks for the replies... we are still trying to locate the problem.

There are some issues. Had it happen to me too today. I noticed what seems like every second post I make, there's a delay in posting. Also noticed one post that quoted itself (posted twice). Weird.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back