Question "Do you want to leave the page" pops up when replying (should be resolved)

Re: "Do you want to leave the page" pops up when replying

Just started asking to stay or leave the page today for me + double posting ... but seen many double posts lately ... I just edited my posts and removed the copy as a by-pass ... hope you guys can find the source ... :)

Chaim

I didn't see any double posts of my stuff but i just got it asking if i wanted to leave again.

Okay ... I know you guys are working hard on this issue ... but it's becoming quite annoying to post anything now ... sorry I had to blow of some steam ... carry on ... I hope you'll be able to fix this a.s.a.p. :)

Chaim

We are... and since there are no errors on the server side, we are having a tough time tracking down the issue. :(

Please post if you are still experiencing this issue.

We are trying different things but still have not been able to track it down.

Ok weird problem I've been experiencing in the last few days. A few times when I tried to reply to a message and click reply it will ask me if I want to leave the page or stay. It will post the message, but send me to a page with my post open like I'm still typing and say I tried posting a duplicate post. It usually does that when you type something, but decide not to post and hit back or something, but never when replying. It still posts, but that comes up. I don't know if it's a problem with the new Firefox or what.

Please post if you are still experiencing this issue.

Still having this issue :(

Trying another possible fix...

...so let's try this again. If you are still having the issue after this post, let us know.

...so let's try this again. If you are still having the issue after this post, let us know.

Just happened again. I'm glad (I think) that I'm not the only one lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Just happened again. I'm glad (I think) that I'm not the only one lol.

Edit: And this time, it made that double-post (within this one post) happen. Weird.

Re: Do you want to leave the page

I think I know where the problem is occuring... it appears to be happening when you use the "quick reply" with a quote the most. But it appears as if it's timing out after writing the info to the database, and then it throws the error message on the screen. If you tell it to cancel when you get the message, and then refresh the page, the post is there like it should be. It might also have something to do with the frequency of the "auto-saving" feature. It occurs no matter what browser I've been using (IE, Chrome, FF, Opera) so it's definitely in the PHP programming somewhere. Try tweaking the timing variables a bit and I think the problem will go away.

- - - Updated - - -

Time to get out the Wolverines logo again?

Here's a quoted reply in the quick reply area... it's going to throw the error message when I click on Post Reply and then double the message when I click "OK" to leave the page

- - - Updated - - -

Time to get out the Wolverines logo again?

Here's a quoted reply in the quick reply area... it's going to throw the error message when I click on Post Reply and then double the message when I click "OK" to leave the page

- - - Updated - - -

Trying another possible fix...

Here's another quick reply, only this time when I get the "leave this page" message, I'll click "Cancel", Hit Refresh, then click OK

I don't post as much as I like to because this is becoming very unpleasant indeed ... may the force be with you Montagar :) Okay so I posted this reply with the 'More Reply Options' and at least it does not longer double post and no 'leave this page' message either - phew!

Chaim

Id like to chim in too. I'm getting the do you want to leave this page when im on my smart phone and then it double post. When im on my desktop it take a minute to post then it shows a double post.

Still happens, in both Internet Explorer 11 as well as latest Safari 8

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back