Do you remember Dr. Ruehl on Sci Fi Channel in the nineties?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Movie Talk' started by CessnaDriver, Jan 8, 2012.

1. CessnaDriver

CessnaDriver Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

CB2001 likes this.
  2. Cal

Cal Well-Known Member

I don't subscribe to T.V. anymore because things like this do not exist on T.V. these days.

3. robn1

robn1 Master Member

Yeah I remember the show, I just couldn't remember his name :lol Cool stuff, thanks.

4. CessnaDriver

He sure likes those plastic dinosaurs. Looks like the same ones he had twenty years ago.
    Looks like he keeps busy according to IMDB with bit parts too.

5. TheStig

TheStig Active Member

I only barely remember it, I was pretty young when his show aired. I do remember it being the weirdest thing I'd ever seen. I seem to remember one segment being about angels in the Bible being aliens, something that has taken off thanks to History Channel finally running out of documentaries on Hitler. But I will be checking this out when I get home. I can't access YouTube at work.

6. CessnaDriver

7. Wes R

Wes R Legendary Member

I never got to see this stuff as we didn't get scifi until about 2002 on our cable.

8. edge10

edge10 Sr Member

Sorry to hear he is gone.

I can say one thing for sure: His show was better than a slap in the belly with a wet trout, any day.

CessnaDriver likes this.
  9. CB2001

CB2001 Master Member

I remember a lot of how the Sci-Fi Channel was great during the 1990s. Doctor Who (classic), Dark Shadows, the Rocketman serials, the Sci-Fi Channel movies that weren't produced by the Sci-Fi Channel, the short-lived series presentation (with such classics like the Isaac Asimov created series Probe).

robn1 likes this.
  10. CessnaDriver

My big national TV debut was on the SciFi Buzz show..... walking around San Diego Comic Con. LOL It was still exciting to see myself on a TV show.

edge10 and CB2001 like this.
  11. CB2001

CB2001 Master Member

I remember that show too. I have the Jurassic Park TV special recorded on VHS somewhere.

12. Metallijosh

Metallijosh Active Member

Dr. Brule?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2018
    PoopaPapaPalps likes this.
  13. DaddyfromNaboo

DaddyfromNaboo Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Aw man, and here I thought "what a great media discovery I just made!!!" And then he´s gone already. The video a few posts above made me think that he may have been broadcasting from a parallel universe where HD was not invented yet and VHS hadn´t been replaced by DVD´s yet.

14. Egon Spengler

Egon Spengler Sr Member

Rest in peace.