Question Do we have a FAQ for new members - everything's not for sale (answered)

Sluis Van Shipyards

Legendary Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I don't know if there's a FAQ for new members or not, so this could be covered. I've seen a LOT of new members constantly asking people in the Replica Props section if things are for sale, or even making offers in those threads. I can totally get the enthusiasm because there's a lot of cool stuff here. It's just kind of annoying, to read and I imagine if you're the one posting the item. However if there's not already something telling new members that things are for sale only in the Junkyard, we might want something out there that says so.

It's almost impossible for new members to miss the info, but they somehow manage it. :lol

This giant non-dismissible notice explaining the entire buying/selling process is at the top of every page until you are no longer a new member!

AS A NEW MEMBER,
PLEASE DO NOT ATTEMPT TO SELL ANYTHING ON THE RPF

Once you have been a member for 45 days and have at least 20 posts (Junkyard posts do not count), your account will be automatically upgraded with the ability to create threads in the Junkyard forum and this message will be removed. All buying and selling takes place exclusively in the Junkyard. NOTE: Junkyard posts do not count toward your post count total.

As a new member you are allowed to BUY items in the Junkyard. Please use the following methods to make a purchase.

1) Make a post in the New Member Want to Buy Thread. This thread is stuck at the top of the Junkyard forum. Do not post in other members WTB threads.

2) Post a reply in a member's sales related thread (FS, FS/T, INT, FA, NP, Free) thread.

YOU ARE A NEW MEMBER,
PLEASE DO NOT ATTEMPT TO SELL ANYTHING ON THE RPF

Ok then. Silly n00bs. :lol ;)

Agreed :p I'm new to this board, obviously, and I just found this forum a few days ago. After I had registered I thought it was pretty crystal clear that the Junkyard is the only place where you buy stuff.

One thing that may not be as crystal clear is I guess are some of the abbreviations for example WTB, FS, FS/T, INT, FA, NP... "Want To Buy", "For Sale", "For Sale/Trade" and so on.

I do see one issue. I never saw this huge banner at the top of the page as a noob. HOW? well because my firewall blocks the banner at the top of theRPF.

im not sure how to get around this though. things like the costume contest, i didnt even know about it until the last day when i just happened to take my laptop home and hop on here. hope this helps in some way.

maybe its just me, maybe its just websense.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back