DnD paladin full plate out of sintra

AD craftworks

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
alright guys sometime soon after I finish helping my friend with some sintra armor for wondercon I'm going to start working on my idea of full(or almost full) plate armor for my DnD Paladin.

Right now I'm looking mainly for tips to help because it will be a learning experience seeing as it is one of the first times I'm working with sintra, I have a heat gun and I know the basics of working with it, but I'm wondering if you sintra gods could chime in because seeing as its full plate there will be parts of armor that wrap around the entire limb/torse such as leg plates that will go around the entire leg, so any tips and tricks that will help it come out better would be super helpful.

Thanks
Alex

EDIT: should have been more specific. for now I'm looking for tips on forming it and making the lines meet up right

Last edited:
well i wouldnt consider myself a sintra god but......

its easiest to use a scroll saw to cut your pieces out but if you dont have access to one or your neighbors are complaining you can take your heat gun along the line and use a pair of scissors or snips to cut it. this way just requires more sanding on the edges

and to prevent paint from peeling run your cut out and formed pieces under hot water to get the oils out and sand it with very fine paper to help adhesion

and to get the larger pieces to wrap around you can put them in the oven for a few minutes at 280. but wear gloves and sweats because its hot and floppy, and prior to putting any plastic in an oven you eat out of run it under hot water and give it a wash to prevent fumes and build up

and if you are lucky like me and have a tap plastics near you hit them up and ask for FOAMED PVC im pretty sure sintras a brand/company

thanks Lionheart, I use a dremel with cutting bit, and a band saw to cut my stuff out and I have found out that a heatgun can get a nice large peice floppy too. as for the sweats a towel works too( what I'm doing for my friends armor)

thanks, but should have specified more, I'm looking more on tips regarding forming it and making all the lines meet up and everything

Sintra for me is hard to work with, you have to shape it with heat to get curves in it very slowly or it wrinkles and ruins. you might be able to paper mache each piece and resin it to make some vaccum molds.

427413_395477990469445_100000217411692_1747308_1826133871_a.jpg

Right didn't think to add photo, keep in mind this is a very rough sketch of what i'm going to do.

Heat gun, hot glue gun, and box cutters.

Heat lightly with the heat gun, and form it over curved items in your house, or with your hands.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back