DMC Ebony & Ivory WIP

Bover

Hi, this is my first build posted here and second in general. So far I enjoy the process and learning new things.

I made plans in Illustrator, printed them and transferred it on mdf boards with various thickens.

RYnmy1N.jpg

69zxot0.jpg

ENP4Sdc.jpg

Somehow I was too smart to cut this one with trigger, which I made later, glued it on and was stress tested. It didn't hold. Other 2 guns were made with trigger from start and this one became my testing piece to see how materials and colors behave and preform.

Lj0qGfR.jpg

It took some grinding to get the shape of handle that I wanted.
I mixed acrylic wood filler with water and applied on the surface, then sand it to achieve smooth finish and fill some crack that were between layers.

Y2dAUFo.jpg

I mixed metallic silver with black to get the color that I want. Now all little mistakes started to show, so I'll need some more prep work for "real" ones.

It is not too late for different approach to finish this project, so all suggestions are welcome.

And here they are. I had some troubles with the finish to look like bare metal, and it would probably look better if I knew how to do it.

So ideas and criticisms much appreciated.

hOxvgEh.jpg

sXQPv5v.jpg

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back