DLT-20A rifle prop - anyone make?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Costumes and Props' started by MXM, Jun 24, 2015.

1. MXM

MXM Jr Member

The DLT-20A rifle , does anyone make this in a kit or has it not been done before? And what is the prop based off of?

2. OdiWan72

OdiWan72 Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

IG88's blaster rifle has been made numerous times...from 100% scratchbuilts up to full/ partial resin casts of a modified STGW44 up to modified diecast Denix STGWs

check my blaster family thread or kurtyboys most recent posts

Have fun!

Markus :)

3. Mara Jade's Father

Mara Jade's Father Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Don't do it MXM! First you will be impressed, but then you will just feel sad and angry.

:wacko

Sluis Van Shipyards and Wavey like this.
  4. MXM

MXM Jr Member

well if any one sells a kit i'd be interested and can pay at any time...............my paypal finger is just itching to hit the pay button...

5. Sluis Van Shipyards

Sluis Van Shipyards Master Member

I just want to know if there's a drilling template for that barrel because it looks like something from a nightmare! :lol

6. MXM

MXM Jr Member

The barrel on that is from the MG34 , they took a MG34 Barrel shroud and slipped it over the MP44 barrel. Find a replica MG34 and use the barrel shroud, thats what I was thinking.
    But it also looks like the barrel shroud on the Sterling SMG. They used resin shrouds on the E-11 so this could be two of those on this rifle.

7. Prototypical

Prototypical Active Member

8. OdiWan72

OdiWan72 Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

No MG34...absolutely wrong hole pattern plus the IG88 rifles vented barrel jacket is metal, no resin or fiberglass.

Jason...eMail me, I made up a template for the barrel-jacket. Print TWO A4, glue them around a 45mm (IIRC) tube and start drilling ;)

Markus

9. MXM

MXM Jr Member