Dl-44 Kit

I'm far from an expert, but I have been looking into a 3dprinted DL-44 myself.
That is an old model that is for some reason popular but completely inaccurate.
A lot of details fused or exaggerated and a lot of details added from nowhere.

The cheapest 3dprinted version I've come across that is accurate, is this one for $50.
Though they don't have any images of the Kit so I don't know how it assembles or what extra screws and drills you might need.
I believe it may be this model but can't know unless I buy it or ask the seller as they don't have the images of the kit.

If you change your mind about budget though, the one I've been eying is $113.
It's definitely a much steeper price but it has a functional Hammer, Trigger, Bolt and Safety, has all the hardware included, is designed to be upgraded with electronics and has a damn good print quality.
They also have a number of variations available including Greedo Killer and Merr Son.
The only downside I can spot is that the body is printed in 2 halves so you would have fill that seam if it is too apparent.

Your last option would be to find a model on a site like Thingiverse that you like best and then have it printed by someone on a site like Treatstock.
The downside to that is that due to the size of the Blaster you will probably still be paying around $40+ and it can kind of be hit or miss as not everyone has their printer calibrated for the model...or rather is it the model for their printer."technical stuff that I don't understand"
As a result you can get more imperfections than you would from someone that has printed the same file repeatedly and ironed out the kinks.

I'm far from an expert, but I have been looking into a 3dprinted DL-44 myself.
That is an old model that is for some reason popular but completely inaccurate.
A lot of details fused or exaggerated and a lot of details added from nowhere.

The cheapest 3dprinted version I've come across that is accurate, is this one for $50.
Though they don't have any images of the Kit so I don't know how it assembles or what extra screws and drills you might need.
I believe it may be this model but can't know unless I buy it or ask the seller as they don't have the images of the kit.

If you change your mind about budget though, the one I've been eying is $113.
It's definitely a much steeper price but it has a functional Hammer, Trigger, Bolt and Safety, has all the hardware included, is designed to be upgraded with electronics and has a damn good print quality.
They also have a number of variations available including Greedo Killer and Merr Son.
The only downside I can spot is that the body is printed in 2 halves so you would have fill that seam if it is too apparent.

Your last option would be to find a model on a site like Thingiverse that you like best and then have it printed by someone on a site like Treatstock.
The downside to that is that due to the size of the Blaster you will probably still be paying around $40+ and it can kind of be hit or miss as not everyone has their printer calibrated for the model...or rather is it the model for their printer."technical stuff that I don't understand"
As a result you can get more imperfections than you would from someone that has printed the same file repeatedly and ironed out the kinks.
I did some research and I think I'm gonna go with the kassaraptor kit

I did some research and I think I'm gonna go with the kassaraptor kit
Don't blame you.
Where can I get easy electronics to install? I have basically no knowledge on electronics so the more user-friendly the better
Fraid I can't help you with that one.
Only one I know of is Blaster Core by Plecter Labs. But it's $100 and rarely in stock.
Best bet would prolly be an Arduino but that's a whole project in it's own. Programing and all.

Those 3d printed kits are very inaccurate FYI. Everyone with an inexpensive 3d home printer prints that thingiverse model and sells it off as accurate. It’s truly far from. Probably a great beginners kit but not much more than that honestly. Rule of thumb is if you can get a whole kit for less than $100 (Bespin kits use less parts so maybe $65/70) its going to be brittle and not very accurate. I print my parts for what it’s worth but I outsource and use industrial level printers. I can tell you first hand quality, detail and strength is not cheap when it comes to printing. No chance I could print my designed parts up in the quality I desire for $50. My two cents for what it’s worth..

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back