DL-44 Display "Sorry About the Mess"

ChickenHaunt

Sr Member
I've got this hanging over my workspace, so it saves me having to apologize for the projects scattered about every time someone comes by, haha. The idea for the display came to me before I had even planned on making the gun. Definitely the most trouble I've ever gone to for a Star Wars joke...

I know it should be a GK... and it's nowhere near an accurate hero, but I thought you all would get a kick out of the display concept. It's really all for the laugh.

3D printed parts from a variety of sources (I tried to pick the ones that looked best and would work well with my printer--happy to detail which one's which if anyone's interested) over a hacked up airsoft. I just made up what the coin he tips the bartender might look like, though on my last viewing I got the impression it might be rectangular...hmm...

A few making of pictures here: http://chickenhaunt.blogspot.com/2015/09/going-somewhere-solo.html

20150908-IMG_9971-2_zpsyaiqp5as.jpg

20150908-IMG_9971-2_zpsyaiqp5as.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This is freaking great! Really makes me think of a dirty Tattooine pub, does this not weigh much? I'm imagining the full metal DC Machinist copies and can't imagine you can hang those haha

Thanks, folks!
thd9791 Haha, yeah, you'd probably want to hang from a stud if you had a metal blaster. My dinky little gun is under a pound. The frame probably weighs two, though. I've got it on four velcro style Command strips.
guabe, I used several of your components. Thanks for making them available!

I'd like to thank guabe too. His shapeways store is awesome - I have a hoth flash hider on the way!

Thanks guys! Glad people are getting a kick out of it
chizbot there's a nice font someone made called Galactic Basic (I think) that's like Aurabesh but based purely on OT (pre-special edition) characters.

Ha! That's what I need. I always manage to start off being organized, but after a day or so all of my projects just manage to throw themselves around.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back